Dr. Feng Wang
Associate Professor of Computer Engineering
School of Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- M.S., Yanshan University in China
- B.E., Zhejiang University in China
Dr. Feng Wang is an assistant professor in the School of Engineering at Liberty University. His research interests are in the areas of Next Generation of the Internet, Network performance measurement, Big Data verification, and software designed Network and Devices
Dr. Wang is active in the Interdomain routing research community. Dr. Wang’s work on the reliability of Interdomain routing has uncovered the impact of transient routing failures on Internet end-to-end performance, which has become the focus of much recent research activity. Dr. Wang has worked with Agilent and AT&T in designing and implementing reliable network systems. Working with AT&T, Dr. Wang designed a real-time system to detect and diagnose routing failures, which tremendously improved network performance. Dr. Wang also worked with Intel to understand and develop practical solutions for reliable global network routing. Dr. Wang is interested in designing reliable and secured routing and simulation tools for wireless mesh network and wireless sensor network.
Dr. Wang’s research has been published in several leading journals and conferences in a computer network including ACM Transactions on Networks, ACM SIGCOM, the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, and IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols.
- Qixin Gao, Feng Wang, and Lixin Gao, “Efficient Inference of AS-Level Paths on the Internet,” Journal of Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, No. 4, 1-11 (2014).
- Bin Dai, Feng Wang, Jinshu Su, “Using Regional Routing to Improve the Scalability and Security of Inter-domain Multipath Routing,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, Volume E95.D, Issue 1, pp. 94-107 (2012).
- Feng Wang and Lixin Gao, “Interdomain Routing and Reliability,” in Guide to Reliable Internet
- Services and Applications (ISBN: 978-1-84882-827-8).Edited by Charles R. Kalmanek and Y.
- Richard Yang, New York: Springer, 2010.
- Feng Wang, Lixin Gao, Jia Wang, and Jian Qiu, “On Understanding of Transient Interdomain
- Routing Failures,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Volume 17, Issue 3, June 2009, page 740– 751
- Feng Wang and Lixin Gao, “Path Diversity Aware Interdomain Routing,” in Proceedings of INFOCOM Main Conference, 2009, page 307 – 315.
- Program Committee Member of IEEE ICDCS 2008