Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Do you qualify for the Emergency Response Personnel discount?
As an experienced law enforcement official or someone interested in entering the field, you'll find Liberty Online’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice program can equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to achieve your professional goals and succeed in your career.
Increase your proficiency with a solid foundation of both knowledge and skills necessary for a wide variety of criminal justice related careers. Gain an understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to different types of crime, as you learn to identify the constitutional, procedural, and organizational differences of the federal criminal justice and representative systems.
Acquiring your criminal justice degree online will also equip you to discern the unique characteristics that differentiate substantive and procedural criminal law, as well as the interplay between the two. Build strong leadership and managerial skills to qualify for future promotional opportunities and certifications through the development of excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate in both professional and personal environments.
What’s your minor?
Expand your degree options by choosing a Minor from the Bachelor's Degree Programs web page.
- $375 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
- 120 total hours
- 30 hours must be taken through Liberty
- 50% (24 hours) of major must be taken through Liberty
- 30 hours of upper-level course are a required part of the 120 total hours
Credit for life experience
- Law enforcement officials who can document successful completion from an accredited police academy may be eligible to earn credit hours toward their degree.
- Some forms of military experience may be eligible as college credit.
Potential Career Fields
- Juvenile Justice
- Probation & Parole
- Social Services
- Private/Corporate Security
- State and Local Police and Sheriff
- Homeland Defense
Want to learn more?