Aspire for More in Patient Care and Professional Excellence with Liberty’s Nursing Doctorate
Have you ever considered taking your current nursing career to the next level? There is a national and worldwide shortage of family practice providers. Advance your skills and clinical expertise so you can make an even bigger impact on the lives of families globally! Partner with Liberty’s School of Nursing to fill the need for nursing professionals in even the most rural and medically untouched areas. Our program will help you develop treatment plans, educate patients on disease prevention, and enable you to give prescriptions.
We believe in treating patients holistically, from their physical health to their emotional and spiritual health. With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we do our best to equip you with strong biblical ethics that can be applied across all fields of nursing practice.
Prepare to make a lifelong impact on patient care and the healthcare industry as a whole! Whether you have a heart to serve internationally in a missional capacity, or you are looking to advance your current nursing position, we want to help you reach your goals. Gain the academic and spiritual mentorship you crave in a rigorous doctoral program with Liberty’s School of Nursing. It’s time to pursue and fulfill your nursing aspirations.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Available Degree Program
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) – Family Nurse Practitioner
Our Family Nurse Practitioner DNP degree helps nursing professionals translate evidence-based research into practice. Improve patient safety and quality of care as you learn how to design effective healthcare environments.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctorate Degree in Nursing?
Partner with our successful students, alumni, and faculty who have used Liberty’s resources to propel their careers further. As a doctoral nursing student, you will have countless opportunities to grow and set yourself apart in the field of medicine.
Some of the benefits you will receive as a student in our doctoral nursing degree include the following:
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- As a nonprofit, Christian university, we view nursing as a ministry. Our dedicated Christian faculty are excited to share their expertise in the clinical and administrative field of nursing with students like you.
- Our curriculum is supported by our Simulation Center. The center provides state-of-the-art equipment like robots for telehealth care opportunities, skill labs for skills like suturing, 12 lead ECG, and X-ray interpretation. Engage in cases and assignments that mirror real-world problems with clinical applications.
- Our program supports students completing Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) practicum hours, and we offer one-on-one support to complete your scholarly project with a faculty project chair.
- Our first- and second-year graduates had a 100% first-time pass rate on the FNP certification examination.
- Liberty’s doctoral nursing degrees meet the educational requirements for graduates to sit for the national certification examination, which is required for nurse practitioners to receive state licensure.
- Students complete over 600 FNP practicum hours and over 500 DNP practicum hours.
Earn your doctoral degree in nursing from a university that gives you more. Develop professionally and ethically with a nonprofit, Christian college dedicated to your success. Join the Liberty family and propel your career and earning potential further than you thought possible.
As you pursue your degree, you will gain hands-on experience by using the resources in our School of Business building! You will have the opportunity to study in operational information technology labs and network and data centers. Additionally, try your hand at trading stocks in our simulated stock trading room, or in the 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation.
You also have the opportunity to get involved with our student organizations and honor societies. From our Accounting Society to our Technology & Engineering Club, you will gain invaluable insight from peers and professionals alike! Some of the other opportunities you will find in our School of Business include:
- Over 25 areas of study.
- 3+1 accelerated business degrees, so you can walk away with your bachelor’s and master’s degree in just 4 years!
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Center for Cyber Security
School of Nursing Doctoral Degree Information
- Residential format
- 78 total hours
- Transfer up to 6 credits
- Check out the course catalog
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Nursing Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:*
- Admission application
- Official college transcripts showing either a BSN or MSN
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above in most recent nursing degree
- Prerequisites include the following courses: undergraduate statistics, undergraduate research methods, undergraduate/graduate health assessment
- Two years of professional nursing experience
- Reference contact information for one academic, one professional, and one personal reference (submit through provided link)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
- Submit a copy of your American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers with AED card to email@example.com
Current, unencumbered RN license:
- Applicant must hold RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Please submit a copy of your license to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If a past sanction or disciplinary action exists on a professional license, the applicant may be contacted by the Nursing Admissions Review Committee for further explanation.)
- (If applicable) Advanced practice license and associated professional certification. Current, unencumbered APRN license issued in one of the fifty United States (if applicable). Please submit a copy of your license and certification to email@example.com. (If a past sanction or disciplinary action exists on a professional license, the applicant may be contacted by the Nursing Admissions Review Committee for further explanation.)
- (If applicable) Clinical APRN Education: advanced practice nurses are required to have the advanced practice core. Graduate transcripts must reflect that the applicants have successfully passed a graduate level health assessment, graduate level pathophysiology, and a graduate level pharmacology.
- Applicants are not required to have an advanced practice license or certification for the Post-BSN DNP/FNP pathway. However, if an applicant is currently licensed in another advanced practice nursing specialty (i.e. Clinical Nurse Specialist), applicants must submit APRN license and certification.
*If an applicant receives an acceptance offer, additional supplemental steps will be needed upon final acceptance to remain in the DNP program, such as background check, FBI fingerprinting, drug screen, and compliance package through CastleBranch.