Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Nursing for Your Post-Graduate and Doctoral Study?
You already have nursing experience, advanced practice expertise, and graduate-level training. If you want to further your career in nursing administration or pass on your knowledge to the next generation of nurses, Liberty’s online Doctor of Nursing, Ph.D., and post-graduate certificate programs will give you the training you need. Liberty’s mission is to train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by equipping nursing professionals to lead and educate while modeling Christ-like compassion and biblical principles. Become a part of Liberty’s mission today!
With Liberty University, being a busy professional doesn’t mean you have to give up furthering your career. The majority of our School of Nursing doctoral programs are 100% online, allowing you to work and devote time to your family, church, and community while you earn your degree. Some of our programs also have optional week-long intensives for hands-on training, giving you a flexible and affordable way to further your career with advanced skills beyond the master’s level. Liberty has the resources, flexibility, and academic quality to give you the training you need.
What are the Benefits of an Online Doctoral Nursing Degree from Liberty University?
Our online doctoral degree programs offer students great benefits:
- Earning your degree or certificate from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility sets you apart from others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times!
What’s Special about the School of Nursing?
- Programs have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Liberty University School of Nursing is a proud member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. Our chapter is Psi Delta. For additional information, please visit our dedicated Psi Delta Chapter page on STTI’s website.
- Our online nursing programs are approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
- Liberty University’s School of Education holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
For nursing professionals with a Master of Science in Nursing, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers online postgraduate and doctoral program tracks that provide advanced skills and knowledge for the highest level of academic research and real-world practice.
If you already have advanced nurse training through a Master of Science in Nursing and want to gain additional skills in mental health care before pursuing a full doctoral program, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers a 100% online Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to equip you for holistic mental health treatment.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Liberty’s online School of Nursing provides many doctoral tracks for nursing professionals who want to conduct research and treatment at the highest levels of academic and practical excellence. If you already have experience as an active nurse, see the individual program pages below for more information:
Ph.D. in Nursing – Nursing Education
Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Nursing – Nursing Education will equip you to design and lead effective nursing education programs for the next generation of medical professionals. Your coursework will help you become a confident leader, equipped to implement change and improvements to nursing education. Through multi-disciplinary courses and interactions with your experienced professors, you will develop the skills you need to lead and collaborate with healthcare teams and create positive change.
Doctoral Nursing Information and Q&A Webinar
Below is an archived recording of the Doctoral Nursing informational webinar. Please note that this webinar covers all nursing doctoral programs – if you have further questions about a specific program, please Request Information.
Enrollment in one of Liberty University’s school licensure programs does not guarantee a degree from Liberty or qualification for licensure. Students are responsible for meeting all academic and professional requirements for graduation. Further information regarding these academic and professional requirements are outlined on the Liberty University website. Students enrolled in a licensure program are responsible for knowing the material outlined for their program. Further, it is the sole responsibility of the student, not the program, to obtain information regarding prerequisites for licensure as outlined by their particular state Board of Nursing.
Licensure requirements for any state are subject to change without notice. Liberty University is not responsible for knowing when changes occur. Additionally, there might be other states with unique licensure requirements. Please reference our State Requirements for NP and APRN Licensure page for further information.