Strike the Right Chord in Your Music Career by Earning an Online Master’s Degree in Music and Worship
Is your passion to develop musicians with a clear understanding of why worship exists? If so, our master’s degree in music and worship online may be the right program for you. Through Liberty’s online Master of Arts in Music and Worship, you will unpack the biblical background of worship and enrich yourself musically with specific courses in music studies. With Liberty University, you can get the music and worship training you need to help your ministry thrive!
Our 100% online format will allow you to build experience for your ministry and music career without having to travel to a campus. Our online music master’s program will allow you to solidify how you want to teach and train musically as well as how to motivate and inspire others through a proper biblical perspective of worship. Towards the end of the program, you will be able to choose an internship, thesis, or project that fits your needs and prepares you best for your chosen area of music or worship ministry. This customizable program track will help you get the experience, training, and study you need to find practical solutions for your specific ministry challenges.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Program?
Liberty University’s M.A. in Music and Worship program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), which gives you a credible degree to prepare for ministry while strengthening your contribution and commitment to your local church through worship.
Our unique blend of music training and biblical perspective makes this degree unique in higher education. The 100% online master’s degree in music and worship can help you strengthen the areas you feel need improvement as well as refine areas of strengths so you are prepared to maintain effective ministry for years to come.
Attention will be given to proper worship principles and practices while bridging the gap between the importance of music aptitude and the basic biblical truths that worship leaders need to lead Christ-centered worship teams. By the end of the program, you will have access to the latest music and ministry tools, techniques, and worship methods, so you are fully equipped to blend different musical preferences, skill levels, and ministry experiences into one unified purpose of glorifying God in your walk and music ministry.
With our online degree format, you do not have to step away from your family, ministry, or professional life to accomplish your online master’s degree. Liberty’s hope for you is to influence the lives of men and women through your chosen vocation or ministry. Our online Master of Arts in Music and Worship offers you the chance to develop your musical ability, leadership potential, biblical commitment, and understanding of the worship industry to impact lives for Christ through music and worship.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Online?
As a music and worship student at Liberty, you will analyze different styles of music to incorporate creative themes in worship as well as research methods and contemporary movements in worship music. You will go in-depth with the performance and leadership side of worship including the dynamics of corporate worship, the role of the worship leader, principles of leadership, and current issues in worship.
Our online Master of Arts in Music and Worship will provide you with knowledge in conducting, tools and techniques for modern worship, music resources, worship literature, and worship technology. The program will conclude with an exam to test your overall knowledge and ability in music and worship. Your final project, thesis, recital, or internship will then usher you into the music ministry you have been pursuing or continue the passion you are already engaged in for Christ.
- WMUS 525 – Contemporary Arranging Techniques for Worship
- WMUS 600 – Music Resources & Literature for Worship Leading
- WMUS 670 – Principles of Music and Worship Pedagogy
- WRSP 635 – Building a Theology of Worship
Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Program Highlights
- By earning your online master’s degree in music and worship from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Master of Arts in Music and Worship program in as little as one and a half years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Music Course Syllabi. (Login required)
Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Music and Worship
- Director of Worship and Drama
- Director of Worship Technology
- Minister of Music
- Contemporary Christian Artist
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Music and Worship
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in music, worship, music education, or a related field with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts or unofficial college transcripts with a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.