Start Preparing for Your Commercial Music Career Today
Are you eager to begin a career in music? Maybe you’re ready to take the next step in your musical career. At Liberty, we have an online degree that can help. Our B.S. in Commercial Music can provide you with the liberal arts training and specialized coursework in recording engineering and music technology that you need to advance in this competitive industry.
Imagine spending your days in a recording studio, performing your own pieces, or directing music in a private school or center for the arts. Our online bachelor’s degree is designed to help you land jobs like these. One of the great things about this degree is that it can be completed 100% online. This means you can stay involved with your family, job, and community while earning your bachelor’s degree. We believe that you should have the ability to pursue a better future without putting your current job and family obligations to the side.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Commercial Music Bachelor’s Degree?
Choosing to earn an online commercial music degree with Liberty can help you develop the marketable skills you need to stand out in your field. Our School of Music faculty know the industry better than anyone. Learn from professors with years of extensive career experience in the commercial music industry. Our music degree provides career-focused courses designed by these industry professionals.
At Liberty, one of our goals is to provide you with a reputable degree in an area you’re passionate about. We do this by training musicians like yourself to engage vocationally in the commercial music world with Christ-honoring values and advanced skill in performance, technology, music production, and musicianship. In fact, Liberty is one of the only Christian schools that offers online, undergraduate commercial music training. And because our School of Music is accredited by NASM, the National Association of Schools of Music, you can be confident that you’re receiving a degree that has met standards for academic excellence.
Partner with us to gain invaluable market and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in a highly competitive field without compromising your faith. Our faculty look forward to coming alongside you and developing your passions so you can advance in your career in commercial music.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Commercial Music?
Throughout our online commercial music bachelor’s degree, you will explore all major areas of music theory, techniques, and technology important for success in today’s music industry. Choosing to study with us also provides you with the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith into all areas of music expression and production.
Throughout this degree, you will learn to apply musical style, literature, and theory research to commercial music. You will have music professionals teaching your courses, and you will experience practical learning opportunities through coaching, ensembles, and internships. Let us help you advance your professional skills and set yourself apart in this competitive industry.
Other major topics you will explore in our B.S. in Commercial Music include:
- Demonstrating technical fluency, expressiveness, and professionalism in commercial music performance
- Entrepreneurship in the commercial music community
- Identifying harmonic rhythm across various musical styles
- Improvisation techniques
- Songwriting, film scoring, recording, and mixing
- Survey of popular and jazz music writers, influences, and trends
- Tonal center referencing
Check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- CMUS 107 – Commercial Musicianship I
- CMUS 193 – Innovative Commercial Music Ensemble I*
- CMUS 213 – Survey of Commercial Music Literature*
- CMUS 218 – Commercial Music Production and Audio*
*Course guide coming soon
B.S. in Commercial Music Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Online Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Commercial music teacher
- Music arranger
- Music editor
- Music producer
- Music publicist
- Social media music specialist
- Sound engineer
- Studio, film, and game audio production technician
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s Degree in Commercial Music
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online bachelor’s in commercial music degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- This program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your B.S. in Commercial Music degree.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.