Accelerate Your Career with Liberty University’s Nutrition Degree
Are you passionate about fitness and nutrition? Do you enjoy helping others lead healthier lifestyles? Are you interested in promoting wellness in your community? If so, a master’s degree in public health and nutrition might be the program for you.
With Liberty’s Master of Public Health (MPH) in Nutrition, you can gain marketable skills that are necessary for a career in nutrition. This is a versatile degree that can help you find work in a variety of settings, such as clinics, hospitals, government health departments, and community programs. With an MPH, you can enter a higher-paying career that involves increased responsibilities, giving you the chance to touch even more people’s lives.
Our nutrition master’s program online can help you make a positive impact on your community by equipping you with the tools you need to promote healthy lifestyles and programs. If you want to advance your career and better your community, this degree is for you. It can help you achieve a rich understanding of public health and nutrition.
To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Nutrition Degree Program?
At Liberty, our goal is to provide you with a flexible, affordable, quality education that helps you make a difference in the workplace. That’s why we’ve designed our MPH in Nutrition to teach you not just head knowledge but also practical skills that can prepare you for a variety of career opportunities. In your courses, you can complete both hands-on projects and a practicum that will give you the chance to practice with real-world applications.
Study 100% Online
For this master’s program, you can complete all of your courses online. That way, you can further your education without putting your life on hold. You can focus on what really matters — your family, job, church, and community — while still completing your master’s degree and preparing to take the next step in your career.
Get Mentored by Experienced Professors
Our professors have extensive experience in the field of public health and are firmly rooted in biblical principles.
With their guidance, you can gain both relevant job skills and an understanding of how to live out your faith in your career.
Learn Best Practices for Your Career in Public Health
This online MPH in Nutrition can help prepare you to impact people’s lives both in your local community and on a global scale. By teaching you about disease prevention, nutritional health disorders, and foodborne illness, our program can help you gain a new level of expertise that can prepare you to solve health problems that are prevalent today. As you enrich your understanding of nutrition and enhance your credentials, you can find opportunities to advance your current career or to enter new job experiences.
We are excited to partner with you as you pursue your health and nutrition degree. Let us equip you to meet your personal goals and impact the world at large.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Nutrition Program?
In Liberty University’s MPH, your online nutrition courses can help you become a competitive candidate in the field of public health. If you want to serve others by helping them improve their health, our online master’s in public health and nutrition is a good next step to take in your academic and professional journey.
Our nutrition degree online courses can teach you safe practices related to the production and distribution of food. In addition, you can learn how to investigate and counteract foodborne illnesses, as well as how to use research methods to carry out public health programs. You can also explore the topics of eating disorders, diabetes, obesity, and other nutrition-related health problems.
After completing this program, you can know how to better recognize and address many different public health needs, making you a vital asset in the workforce. Through Liberty’s nutrition degree, you can learn how to apply biblical principles to your work in public health, making you a Champion for Christ who excels both professionally and spiritually.
- HLTH 511 – Research Methods in Public Health
- HLTH 640 — Principles of Nutrition
- HLTH 644 — Diabetes, Obesity, and Eating Disorders
- HLTH 645 — Performance Nutrition for the Physically Active
Highlights of Our Master’s in Nutrition Online Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online MPH in Nutrition degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty’s public health programs are accredited by CEPH, the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Your courses can help you learn how to live out your faith in the workplace and prepare you to serve as an effective public health expert in the modern world.
- With Liberty, you can earn a degree in nutrition online in as little as 2 years.
- This degree allows you to transfer in up to 21 previously earned credits from an accredited graduate program.
- With this program, you can gain skills that can help you stand out to employers in the fields of public health and nutrition.
MPH in Nutrition Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- See information about the Master of Public Health gates process.
- Download and review the Master of Public Health Student Handbook.
- To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
HLTH 698 MPH Practicum (for current students)
If you have completed the following items and would like to begin your practicum, please contact the practicum coordinator at email@example.com. For more information about MPH practicum FAQs, documents, and contact information, please visit MPH Practicum – HLTH 698.
- Complete core and specialization courses successfully; elective courses may be taken concurrently with the practicum.
- Submit and pass your background check through Castle Branch.
- Mail your completed agreement form to the MPH Practicum Coordinator for approval.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with an Online Master’s in Nutrition?
One benefit of studying public health is that you can use your degree to prepare you for a wide variety of careers.
Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Fitness trainer
- Food service manager
- Genetic researcher
- Health behavior researcher
- Health educator
- Physical education coordinator
- Public health specialist
- Restaurant owner
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s Degree in Nutrition Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.