Influence Communities Around the World with a Master of Public Health in Global Health
Are you seeking a fulfilling career that lets you make a positive impact on other people? Do you want to help communities around the world find solutions to health issues? Are you passionate about using your skills in public health to touch the lives of individuals and improve their quality of life? If so, a master’s in international health may be the next step in your academic and professional journey.
With Liberty’s Master of Public Health (MPH) in Global Health, you can gain a deeper understanding of how to address the health needs of communities around the world. Whether you want to explore new job opportunities or advance in your current career, this MPH program can help you meet your personal goals and make a difference in the world. Our global public health graduate program can equip you to enter a variety of important careers like healthcare management, advocacy, or health leadership.
If you want to create and implement public health projects at the international level, an MPH in Global Health is an excellent place to start. Partner with us and gain the skills and credentials you need to improve community health systems on a global scale.
Why is global health so important?
Global public health is one of the most critical issues in today’s world, so individuals who have the skills, knowledge, and passion necessary to work in this industry are in high demand. At its core, the field of global health involves finding unique, innovative solutions to health problems that arise in communities around the world. As a global health practitioner, you will deal with common health concerns, such as disease prevention and epidemic treatment, in a way that pays particular attention to the health of people in developing nations.
To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
Why Choose Liberty’s Global Health Master’s Program?
Our professors have extensive, real-world experience in the health field. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can equip you with skills to help you stand out to employers. They will also teach you how to research and implement practical solutions to health crises. You may already have a Bachelor of Science in Global Health, but getting your master’s degree will help you learn specialized skills that can take your career to the next level.
At Liberty, we want to help you integrate Christian principles into the workplace. You’ll learn from professors who are firmly grounded in biblical ethics. Through your courses, you will learn practical ways to become a Champion for Christ in your career.
Our goal is to provide you with an affordable, flexible, quality education that prepares you for full-time employment in public health. With our MPH in Global Health program, you can complete all of your courses online and work on your assignments from the comfort of your own home. This will allow you to focus on your family and job while furthering your education and preparing to take the next step in your career.
An MPH in Global Health provides a unique focus that will prepare you to work in a variety of settings around the world like disaster relief or health and sanitation consulting. The global emphasis of this degree can help you pursue a career that involves guiding and influencing healthcare policy and procedure on an international scale.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Global Health Online Degree?
Liberty’s online MPH in Global Health is an applied science degree that will help you learn how to solve real-world problems using both theory and hands-on strategies. As part of this program, you’ll complete a practicum that is designed to develop your leadership and communication skills and to give you practical experience working in the field of public health.
What is a global health degree?
Throughout your program, you will dive into:
- Principles of epidemiology and environmental health
- Public health administration
- Research methods for public health
- Social and behavioral theory
After completing this program, you’ll be prepared to influence healthcare by applying the latest scientific knowledge to health issues from a biblical perspective.
Additionally, your courses will help you understand how to approach healthcare, sanitation, and disease prevention in developing countries. You will also study how various cultural practices and belief systems from around the world are connected to healthcare. You can become a health program manager who knows how to apply appropriate strategies to different countries and communities.
- HLTH 622 — Primary Healthcare in Developing Countries
- HLTH 623 — Cultural Aspects of Health Behavior
- HLTH 624 — Sanitation in Developing Countries
- HLTH 625 — Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
Highlights of Our Online Global Health Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online MPH in Global Health degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Liberty’s public health programs are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in public health from across the nation.
- With Liberty, you can complete an MPH in Global Health in as little as 2 years.
MPH in Global Health Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- This program requires a practicum.*
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- See information about the Master of Public Health Gate System.
- Download and review the Master of Public Health Student Handbook.
- To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
*HLTH 698 MPH Practicum (for current students) – If you have completed the following items and would like to begin your practicum, please contact the practicum coordinator at MPHpracticum@liberty.edu. For more information about MPH practicum FAQs, documents, and contact information, please visit MPH Practicum – HLTH 698.
- Complete core and specialization courses successfully (elective courses may be taken concurrently with the practicum).
- Submit and pass your background check through Castle Branch.
- Mail completed agreement form to the MPH Practicum Coordinator for approval.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with an Online Global Health Degree?
With Liberty’s graduate program in global health, you can prepare to work in health promotion organizations and fields around the world, including:
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross
- Higher education
- Medical research
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Admission Requirements for the Online M.P.H. Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.