Influence Communities around the World with a Master of Public Health – Global Health
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Public Health (MPH) in Global Health degree will equip you to bring help and awareness regarding the health needs of communities around the world. The online MPH in Global Health degree is a great fit for students who want to branch out into a career in healthcare management, healthcare advocacy, or any other healthcare-focused business role.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Global Health Degree Program?
The professors in the MPH in Global Health program are healthcare experts with professional experience in real-world settings. Their experiences and training will provide you with valuable insights into the healthcare marketplace and how to apply principles of health science to find practical solutions to needs. The global health area of study provides a unique skill set that will prepare you to work in a variety of settings around the world, including domestic or international disaster relief and health and sanitation consulting in foreign countries. The international health emphasis is also useful for international ministry, as it provides much-needed expertise to other countries in health-related matters.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master of Public Health in Global Health?
Liberty University’s online Master of Public Health in Global Health is an applied science degree that provides both theory and practical experience to solve real-world problems and requires a practicum designed to develop leadership and communication skills. Areas of study include biostatistics, principles of epidemiology and environmental health, public health administration, social and behavioral theory, and research methods. Students leave the program prepared to influence the world for Christ by applying the latest scientific knowledge to health issues from a biblical perspective.
The global health area of study for the online MPH degree guides you through research and practices that will help you meet healthcare challenges domestically and internationally while advocating better health outcomes.
Highlights of our Online Master of Public Health in Global Health
- By earning your Master of Public Health in Global Health degree online from an accredited nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in public health from across the country.
- You can complete the online Master of Public Health – Global Health in under two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Online MPH in Global Health Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- See information about the Master of Public Health Gates process.
HLTH 698 MPH Practicum (for current students) – If you have completed the following items and would like to begin your practicum, please contact the practicum coordinator, Giordana Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about MPH Practicum FAQs, documents, and contact information, please visit MPH Practicum – HLTH 698.
- Complete core and specialization courses successfully, elective courses may be taken concurrently with the practicum.
- Submit and pass your background check through Castle Branch.
- Mail completed agreement form to the MPH Practicum Coordinator for approval.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates with an Online MPH in Global Health Degree
This online graduate program in Global Health helps to prepare students to work in health promotion organizations and fields around the world, including:
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Disaster relief worker within organizations like the Red Cross
- Higher education
- In-country field consultant
- Medical research
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Admission Requirements for the Online MPH Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Official college transcripts if available
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.