Beginning in Fall 2022, the Health Promotion cognate will become the Community Health Promotion cognate.
Help Communities and Individuals Live Healthier Lives with a Master’s in Health Promotion
If you are passionate about health and wellness and want to make a positive impact on other people’s lives, Liberty’s Master of Public Health (MPH) in Health Promotion might be the program you’re looking for. With this degree, you will gain advanced skills that can help you start a new job or take the next step in your current career.
Our public health courses will enrich your knowledge and enhance your credentials, helping you stand out to employers and gain an edge over your competition. In this program, you can learn how to find solutions to healthcare obstacles, practice disease control and prevention, and engage in nutrition consulting. You can prepare for a variety of roles in the healthcare field, such as in management and advocacy.
At its core, health promotion involves encouraging people to adopt healthier lifestyles. It goes beyond just focusing on individual behavior to include health issues that affect society as a whole. Health promotion experts often help companies, governments, and individuals make their workplaces and living environments healthier. This industry is constantly growing, so people who have the skills and knowledge necessary to work in this field are in high demand.
To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Health Promotion Graduate Degree?
The online MPH in Health Promotion degree is designed to equip you for many industries where health promotion is needed. At Liberty, you will study under professors who have real-world experience in the healthcare field. Using what they have learned in their careers, they can help you know what it takes to succeed in this industry.
The best part? You can complete all of your classes online, meaning you can pursue your academic goals from the comfort of home. Earn your degree in a way that lets you focus on what really matters, like your family, job, church, and community.
Our faculty are firmly rooted in biblical principles, and they will help you become a Champion for Christ – someone who seeks to work with excellence and integrity. That’s why your health promotion courses won’t just teach you on-the-job skills – they’ll help you integrate biblical principles into your career. Our professors are knowledgeable and passionate about helping you succeed, and they can help you prepare to take the next step in your career.
With this online MPH in Health Promotion, you can become better equipped to serve as an effective public health expert in the modern world.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Health Education and Promotion Online Degree Program?
This MPH program is an applied science degree that teaches both theoretical and practical approaches to solving real-world problems. Whether you want to advance your career or further your training and education in health promotions, you will learn how to manage and educate others on the importance of health and wellness in communities, schools, workplaces, and more.
Your courses will cover a broad range of relevant topics, such as biostatistics, principles of epidemiology and environmental health, public health administration, social and behavioral theory, and research methods. And you won’t just learn from a textbook – you’ll get hands-on experience by completing a practicum that will develop your leadership and communication skills.
This program will focus on how to implement and improve health programs for entire communities. For instance, you’ll be able to help children in the school system lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy habits. You can also help companies enhance health and safety in the workplace. Or, if you prefer to work in the public sector, you could help the government find effective ways to point citizens toward paths to better health.
After completing this degree, you’ll be able to influence the world for Christ by applying the latest scientific knowledge to prevalent health issues. Partner with us and learn how to serve your community in a variety of public and private health roles.
Featured Courses of the Health Promotion Degree
- HLTH 632 – Health Program Planning
- HLTH 633 – Health Program Evaluation
- HLTH 634 – Health Communication and Advocacy
- HLTH 635 – Health Agency Management
Program Highlights for the Master’s Degree in Health Promotion
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in health promotion degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Liberty’s public health programs are accredited by CEPH, the Council on Education for Public Health.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in public health from across the country.
- You can complete your master’s in health promotion degree in as little as 2 years.
- If you complete at least 25 hours of your core course requirements, you can become eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
Master’s in Health Promotion Online Degree Information
- This program includes a required 120-hour practicum.
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- See information about the Master of Public Health gates process.
- Download and review the Master of Public Health Student Handbook.
- To request additional information from a department representative, please email MPHhelper@liberty.edu.
HLTH 698 MPH Practicum (for current students) – If you have completed the following items and would like to begin your practicum, please contact the practicum coordinator at email@example.com. For more information about MPH Practicum FAQs, documents, and contact information, please visit MPH Practicum – HLTH 698.
- Complete core and specialization courses successfully (elective courses may be taken concurrently with the practicum).
- Submit and pass your background check through Castle Branch.
- Mail completed agreement form to the MPH Practicum Coordinator for approval.
Military Benefits for Master’s in Health Promotion Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Health Promotion Master’s Degree?
This online graduate program in health promotion helps prepare students like you to work in many occupations around the world. Some examples of health promotion positions you may qualify for include:
- Director of non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Education program manager
- Employee wellness coordinator
- Health and safety advocate
- Health programs analyst
- Public health specialist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Health Promotion Degree Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with 2.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.