Our Online Master of Public Health – Health Promotion Degree Equips You to Help Communities and Individuals Live Healthy Lives
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Public Health – Health Promotion degree will enrich your understanding and enhance your credentials as you gain expertise in solutions to healthcare obstacles, best practices in disease prevention, and nutrition consulting. The online MPH in Health Promotion degree is a great fit for students who want to branch out into a career in healthcare management, healthcare advocacy, or any other healthcare-focused business role.
What is Health Promotion?
Health Promotion is a discipline of communication and management that tries to influence the healthy behavior and choices of individuals and communities. Health promotion experts often consult companies, governments, and individuals on changes to make their working and living environments healthier, and how to take advantage of the best healthcare benefits.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online MPH in Health Promotion Program?
The online Master of Public Health – Health Promotion degree is designed to help you master practical skills that will equip you for many industries where Health Promotion is needed. Whether your interest is in career advancement or furthering your training and education in health promotions, you will learn how to manage and educate others regarding the importance of health and wellness in communities, school, workplaces, and more. The courses in the online MPH in Health Promotion will prepare you to serve effectively as a public health expert in the modern world, integrating faith with learning in a professional atmosphere.
What Will You Learn in our Masters in Health Promotion Degree Program?
Liberty University’s online Master of Public Health in Health Promotion is an applied science degree that provides both theory and practical experience to solve real-world problems and requires a practicum designed to develop leadership ability and communication skills. Areas of study include biostatistics, principles of epidemiology and environmental health, public health administration, social and behavioral theory, and research methods.
Students will leave the program prepared to influence the world for Christ by applying the latest scientific knowledge to health issues from a biblical perspective.
Program Highlights for the Online MPH in Health Promotion
- By earning your MPH in Health Promotion online degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in Public Health from across the country.
- You can complete the online Master of Public Health in Health Promotion in under two years.
Our Online Master of Public Health in Health Promotion Format and Information
- 120-hour Practicum required
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an Online MPH in Health Promotion Degree
This online Graduate Degree Program in Health Promotion helps to prepare students to work in health promotion occupations around the world, including:
- Health Education
- Public Health Specialist
- Director of Non-Governmental Organization
- Health and Safety Advocate
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed transcript request form.**
- Official college transcripts, if available
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.