Take Your Next Steps Towards a Career in Middle Grades Education with a Master of Arts in Teaching
Are you looking to have a career in the education field and become a licensed Middle School teacher? Whether your career path has always been set for Middle School Education, or you are looking to make a career change, Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Teaching – Middle Grades online degree program will help you achieve your career goals by setting a clear path for you to obtain your initial teaching licensure. With core courses in education theory and behavior management, you also will study math, natural sciences, language acquisition, and reading skills development in your journey to obtain your initial Middle School teaching licensure. Our online Middle School Education degree will give you the tools you need to help children be successful in their educational journey.
At Liberty University, we have designed our online Master of Arts in Teaching Middles Grades degree program with your success in mind. You can complete this program in less than two years while you continue to work. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a teaching professional. Additionally, Liberty University’s online teaching degree allows you to seek multiple areas of study. Many students choose to pursue a Dual Endorsement to expand their marketability. For more information, please review the MAT career section below.
Why Choose Liberty’s MAT Middle School Education Online Degree Program?
Liberty University’s 100% online Middle School Education program has been designed to help you integrate your faith and Christian worldview with your professional life. We strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. At Liberty University, not only does our online teaching degree prepare you professionally but it also prepares you spiritually.
Additionally, the Middle School Education (MAT) online degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Master of Arts in Teaching – Middle School Education?
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skillset, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
Throughout This Program You Will Study:
- Educational behavior and development
- Theories and methodologies of education
- Current trends in the education field
- Methods of teaching and classroom management
Benefits of an Online Teaching Degree
- By earning your Master of Arts in Teaching Middle Grades from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Pursuing our online Masters of Arts in Teaching licensure-track may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
- You can achieve your state teaching licensure in less than two years.
Masters of Arts in Teaching Middle Grades Degree Information and Requirements
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
View all of the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- This program requires a background check.
- This program will help you achieve your initial teaching licensure.
- Our program is eligible for certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Review State Specific Approval Disclosures.
- Additional program details are available in the Online Graduate Advising Guide.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as an First Responder
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
What Career Can You Pursue with a Master of Arts in Teaching Middle Grades?
The (MAT) Middle School Education program is designed to give you opportunities to pursue Middle School education as a licensed teacher.
You may also choose to pursue a Dual Endorsement. By taking a few extra courses, you can graduate with licensure in Middle School Education and another endorsement area, such as Elementary Education, Secondary Education, or Special Education.
For more information about Dual Endorsements, please contact one of our Admissions Counselors at (800)-424-9596.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.