Learn How to Bring People Together by Earning a Social Media Degree Online
Social media is an important method of communication in today’s world, for both individuals and businesses. In the modern business world, employers need professionals who can create digital content and strategically promote messages across social media platforms.
If you enjoy using social media to bring people together, our online B.S. in Strategic Communication – Social Media Management can help you apply your skills to a career you love. With this degree, you can learn how to build relationships between companies and consumers using social media platforms.
Our professors have worked extensively in strategic communications. Their experience can help equip you to start or further your career in social media management. In this program, you will learn skills that can set you apart from others in your field and prepare you for a successful career in strategic communications.
Why Choose Our Online Digital Media Management Bachelor’s Degree?
At Liberty, our goal is to help you grow academically and professionally. Are you looking to start a new career? Or do you want to advance further in the communications field? Whatever your goals are, we want to help you reach them.
That’s why our online degree is designed to give you a flexible, affordable, and quality education. With Liberty University’s social media management program, you’ll gain the tools you need to lead in the communications industry. And because we offer 8-week online courses, earning your degree won’t get in the way of your personal life. You can focus on what really matters – your family, job, and home life – while meeting your education goals.
What sets Liberty apart from other colleges that offer social media degrees? We don’t just help you get a degree – we want to equip you to follow God’s calling for your life. When you pursue a social media degree online with Liberty, you’ll learn from professors who are passionate about living out their faith in the professional world. In turn, they will challenge you to apply biblical principles to the work you do.
Earn more than a diploma – get the professional, on-the-job experience that you need to jumpstart your career. Our students have interned at places like Focus on the Family, Fox News Channel – Fox & Friends, and The Hershey Company. When you get a degree in social media at Liberty, you will complete an internship that can provide the experience you need to succeed in social media management.
What Will You Learn in Our Social Media Degree Program Online?
Through Liberty’s online social media degree, you will learn from professors who have real-world experience in strategic communications. Our faculty are ready and eager to teach you what they have learned in their own careers. With their guidance, you can gain essential skills that will help you beat your competition and further your career in social media management.
And with this degree, you won’t just complete academic coursework – you’ll also gain practical experience by doing case studies and field projects. Through your classes, you will learn specialized skills that can help you succeed in developing social media communication strategies.
For instance, our social media communications degree will teach you how to build customer loyalty and how to track emerging trends in social media technology. You’ll also study advertising, public relations, branding, and digital promotions. In addition, you’ll gain practice in social media theory and strategy, graphic design, mobile and interactive technologies, and social networking.
Featured Courses for the Social Media Degree Online
- STCO 356 — Digital, Social, and Mobile Communication Strategies
- STCO 422 — Social Media Development
- STCO 426 — Creating Affiliate Loyalty in a Digital Age
- STCO 487 — Agency/Field Projects
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Social Media and Strategic Communication Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Strategic Communication – Social Media Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Our Online B.S. Degree for Social Media Marketing Information
- Liberty University’s social media management degree is housed under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
What Jobs Can You Get with a Social Media Marketing Degree?
Many people already know how to use social media, so this raises the question: “Do you need a degree for social media marketing jobs?” While a basic understanding of social media is certainly important, getting a B.S. in social media management will help you learn specialized skills that can give you an edge in the professional world. With this program, you’ll gain the tools and degree you need to be a social media specialist, among other positions such as:
- Brand manager
- Communication specialist
- Content writer
- Digital marketing specialist
- Market research analyst
- Promotions coordinator
- Public relations manager
- Social media manager
Military Benefits for the Online Social Media Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Admission Requirements for the Online Bachelor’s in Strategic Communication Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.