Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Business for Your Minor?
A strong background in business is crucial for many career fields and beneficial to every profession. If you have management, finance, technology, or database knowledge, you will have a practical skill set that is a valuable asset in any workplace.
Even if your current online Liberty bachelor’s degree isn’t in business, you can add a minor from the School of Business to increase your marketability and adaptability in the field!
All of the courses in our minors are offered 100% online, and in many cases, they will not add to the length of your bachelor’s degree. With a business minor, you can use your electives to build toward a specialized, practical area of study that will further your career.
Gain Business Expertise to Adapt to your Career Needs
Your minor does not have to be related to your degree, but it does help to reduce the number of credits you need to graduate. Some minors pair well with any degree, while others are better suited for a specific area of study.
Here are some suggested pairings for the minors offered through Liberty University’s School of Business:
- Accounting – Pairs well with our online bachelor’s degrees in business administration, healthcare administration, or information systems.
- Business – Pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Religion or Bachelor of Science in Government online degree programs.
- Information Security and Information Systems – Pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice online degree program.
- Sports Outreach – Pairs well with any degree but can be especially effective when combined with a degree that supports ministry and youth outreach, like the bachelor’s degree in religion with specializations in Christian ministries or NextGen Ministries.
If you have any questions about which minor might be right for you, call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.
How Many Minors Can You Have?
Minors can only be added to bachelor’s degrees and may be used to plan out general electives in your degree plan to meet specific goals. You can pursue as many minors as you want, but more than one minor will likely add to the overall length of your degree plan beyond the normal 120 credit hour, 3.5-year time frame.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Minor from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty’s online bachelor’s degrees are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? Liberty University stands out in a crowded field of online colleges by offering the following military benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Minor Program Format
- 15-18 credit hours
- 50% of minors must be completed through Liberty University courses unless otherwise specified*
- Only available to add to an online bachelor’s degree
- You must be currently enrolled in your bachelor’s degree to declare a minor
- More than one minor can be pursued but may add to overall program length
* Military students are required to complete at least one course in their minor at Liberty