Our Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Ministries Degree Prepares You to Be the Hands and Feet of Christ
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Ministries degree will prepare you for a rewarding career by providing you with a better understanding of Christian service. In this program, you will dig deep into the Bible and gain relevant skills to serve wherever God calls you. Our B.S. in Religion integrates Christian principles with professional standards to ensure that you graduate prepared to serve with confidence.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Religion – Christian Ministries Online Program?
We pride ourselves on being a Christian college, which is especially important for students pursuing a degree in religion. All of your courses will be taught from an evangelical Christian worldview by professors who have real-world experience in ministry. Additionally, classes for the Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Ministries program are offered 100% online, so you can earn your bachelor’s degree in Christian ministry without disrupting your career or family life to take on-campus courses.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. Religion – Christian Ministries Degree Online?
Liberty’s courses in Christian ministries explore a broad range of biblical leadership principles and strategies that can be utilized in your local church or organization. As you begin your degree, our courses in church ministries will help you understand your role in the church in order to intelligently minister across various age groups. Our religion degree will give you the tools you need to present God’s Word with meaning and application. With your passion and a degree in Christian ministries, you can transform lives in any career setting.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared for a wide range of church ministry positions as well as advanced studies at the graduate or doctoral level. Liberty offers a number of master’s degree programs that you can pursue after you finish your bachelor’s degree, and the majority of these programs are also offered 100% online.
- CHMN 201 – Church Ministries
- GLST 200 – Introduction to Global Studies*
- RLGN 360 – Practical Teaching of Scripture
- APOL 220 – Introduction to Apologetics
*A course guide for this course is available upon request
B.S. in Religion Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your religion degree.
- You can apply for additional college credit through our Experience Plus program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
B.S. in Religion – Christian Ministries Degree Information
- This program falls under John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Fields for Graduates of the Christian Ministries Program
- Local church
- Local ministries
- Religious communities
- Social services
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.