Disciple Tomorrow’s Leaders with Liberty University’s B.S. in Religion – NextGen Degree
Liberty University’s B.S. in Religion – NextGen degree will prepare you to navigate the unique leadership challenges that come with ministering to minors. With a focus on NextGen, you will learn how to create safe environments across ministry programs, design a spiritual formation strategy for the family, and to develop the leadership skills necessary to lead in the local church.
A Bachelor’s in Religion degree is ideal if you are interested in working in ministry-related organizations or as preparation to attend seminary through our Rawlings School of Divinity. Liberty’s rich history as a Christian university with graduates serving around the globe makes pursuing our bachelor’s degree in religion – NextGen a great choice to advance in your educational career.
Why Choose Our Online Religion Degree in Next Generation Ministries?
Liberty University is the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. You will learn from professors who possess the same passion for ministry as you and have experience as pastors, missionaries, educators, and other specialties in the field of religion in professional and leadership settings. Our Bachelor of Science in Religion – NextGen degree is offered completely online, giving you the freedom to personalize your degree to fit your schedule and needs best.
What Will You Learn in the Religion – NextGen Degree?
With a future in ministry, it is essential that you know how to work with students from early childhood through late adolescence, as well as their families. Through this degree, you’ll learn the skills needed to apply biblical principles to contemporary culture in your local church and beyond. Your courses are taught by faculty who are committed to Training Champions for Christ and are designed to equip you with a solid biblical foundation in crucial aspects associated with ministry. As you dive into biblical interpretations, you will learn to connect them with the world around you.
- YOUT 201 – Survey of Youth Ministries
- THEO 330 – Theology of the Family
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of Scripture
- YOUT 350 – Campus Ministry
The B.S. in Religion – NextGen degree is a great foundation for students seeking to further their education through one of Liberty’s online master’s degree programs.
- By earning your online bachelor’s degree in religion – NextGen from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your religion degree.
- You can apply for additional college credit through our Experience Plus program.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
B.S. in Religion – NextGen Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the undergraduate course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – NextGen
- Associate pastor
- Children’s pastor/director
- Church administration
- Christian education director
- College ministry pastor/director
- Next generation pastor
- Ministry associate
- Youth pastor/director
Admission Requirements for Our Online BS in Religion
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form (if no conferred degree)
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.