Disciple Tomorrow’s Leaders with Liberty University’s B.S. in Religion – NextGen Degree
Liberty University’s B.S. in Religion – NextGen degree can help you prepare to navigate the unique leadership challenges that come with ministering to young people. With a focus on NextGen, you will learn how to create safe environments across ministry programs, design a spiritual formation strategy for the family, and develop the leadership skills necessary to lead in the local church.
A bachelor’s degree in religion can help you work in ministry-related organizations or prepare to attend seminary through our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity. Liberty’s rich history as a Christian university with graduates serving around the globe makes pursuing our bachelor’s degree in religion – NextGen a great choice to advance your educational career!
Why Choose Our Online Religion Degree in Next Generation Ministries?
Liberty University is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. You will learn from professors who have the same passion for ministry as you, and who have served in both professional and leadership settings as pastors, missionaries, and educators. Our Bachelor of Science in Religion – NextGen degree is offered completely online, giving you the freedom to personalize your degree to best fit your schedule.
What Will You Learn in the Religion – NextGen Degree?
With a future in next generation ministry, it is essential that you know how to work with students from early childhood through late adolescence, as well as with their families. Through this degree, you can develop the skills needed to apply biblical principles to contemporary culture in your local church and beyond. Your courses will be taught by faculty who are committed to Training Champions for Christ and desire to equip you with a solid biblical foundation in crucial aspects associated with ministry. As you dive into biblical interpretations, you will learn how to connect them with the world around you in new ways.
The B.S. in Religion – NextGen degree is a great foundation for students seeking to further their education through one of Liberty’s online master’s degree programs down the road.
- THEO 330 – Theology of the Family
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of Scripture
- YOUT 201 – Survey of Youth Ministries
- YOUT 350 – Campus Ministry
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal.
- You may be able to receive college credit for your previous experience through our Experience Plus program.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
B.S. in Religion – NextGen Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – NextGen
- Associate pastor
- Children’s pastor/director
- Church administrator
- Christian education director
- College ministry pastor/director
- Next-generation pastor
- Ministry associate
- Youth pastor/director
Admission Requirements for our Online B.S. in Religion
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.