Pursue Your Passion for Healthy Living with Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration
Liberty University is devoted to helping you pursue your passions with excellence. Our online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration can help prepare you for careers in the healthcare management field. At Liberty, we are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
Healthcare administrators plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services for organizations and businesses. As a healthcare administrator, you manage the benefits of employees as well as bridge the gap between benefits and physicians. These needs require a broad background in business skills and specialized knowledge of the healthcare field. With Liberty’s B.S. in Healthcare Administration, you can get the training and knowledge you need.
Our bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration is offered completely online. Because you don’t have to travel to a campus, you can remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community. You can take your healthcare courses online while saving time and money.
Unlike many online healthcare programs, Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration provides opportunities to seek an internship. An internship is strongly recommended with this degree, as it provides valuable, real-world experience. Having this experience can help establish you in the healthcare management and administration field while providing important networking opportunities.
Why Choose Liberty for Your Healthcare Administration Bachelor’s Degree?
We believe our healthcare administration degree program is a leader among health administration degrees. Your courses will be taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. Under their guidance, you can gain a foundational knowledge of legal issues in today’s healthcare business environment. You will also study interactions between political, cultural, and economic factors as you dive into ethics and policies.
What professional skills will I gain from the B.S. in Healthcare Administration?
Earning a healthcare management degree online from Liberty allows you to gain many marketable skills, such as:
- Budget-setting and cost-saving techniques
- Business communication for any setting
- Leadership and conflict resolution techniques
- Management skills for large-scale projects
- Marketing and public relations knowledge
Our healthcare degree online format is designed to help you pursue your passion. You want more than a career — you want to make an impact. With our degree in health administration, you can learn how to be a successful leader and manager in the field.
What can you do with a healthcare administration degree?
Bachelor’s degrees in healthcare administration are designed to provide a mix of practical business skills and healthcare expertise.
With a healthcare administration degree, you may find yourself managing a network of employees at a hospital, making budget or policy decisions for a healthcare facility, or even providing procurement-based needs to a medical center.
Liberty’s B.S. in Healthcare Management provides this balance of general business content and specialized healthcare industry studies while helping you merge both into a useful whole. Having this variety of content can help you handle any health management challenges in the field.
What Will You Learn in Our Healthcare Administration Bachelor’s Degree?
Liberty’s bachelor’s in healthcare management degree online will provide you with the training needed to tackle challenges in the field. You will study what makes healthcare organizations effective, learn strategic planning methods, and master numerous proven business management techniques. You will also explore administrative and financial principles necessary for making informed decisions in the health administration field.
By completing our online degree in healthcare administration, you can gain a better understanding of healthcare policy and essential business skills. Our program prepares students for success through a strong foundation in business and management for a variety of healthcare careers.
Through our program, you can become equipped to pursue health benefits roles in corporate business, nonprofits, public service organizations, and many other fields.
Healthcare administrators need to be prepared for many important responsibilities, including:
- Assessing and improving the delivery of healthcare services
- Establishing and maintaining records systems for staff and clients
- Managing budgets and saving costs without compromising quality
- Meeting state and federal law compliance requirements
- Recruiting, training, and managing healthcare support employees
- Working with healthcare facilities to set and accomplish departmental goals
Featured Courses of the Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration
Through Liberty’s health administration degree online program, you will study under professors who have real-world experience in hospital administration, clinical settings, outpatient facilities, and nearly every specialized field of health administration. You will learn from their vast years of experience, combined with your knowledge, to grow in practice and leadership.
Healthcare Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the program Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Guides (login required).
- An internship is strongly recommended.
Healthcare Administration Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration Online Degree
- Healthcare financial management roles
- Higher education health benefits coordinator
- Human resources management roles
- Long-term care center administrator
- Medical staff relations director
- Physician’s office manager
Our students’ career goals vary, and that is why our online healthcare management program is designed to be a great fit for many occupations. As a student, we know that you are working tirelessly to pursue your passion. Liberty University can help equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to be confident in any industry you choose. Our bachelor’s degree in healthcare management can help open doors for a new job or build your career.
Admission Requirements for Healthcare Administration
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Healthcare Administration Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Healthcare Administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Networking opportunities are available with other healthcare management professionals in the program from around the country.
- Students may be eligible to earn additional credit through life experience.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- You’ll demonstrate knowledge of the essential skills needed in the industry.
- Students taking HLTH 491 — Grantsmanship will have free access to Foundation Center once enrolled in the course. Foundation Center is the world’s leading source of information on philanthropy, fundraising, and grant programs.