Ph.D. in Psychology – Admission Requirements
These requirements also apply to the Executive Certificate in Psychology.
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an Admissions Counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system) showing a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Contact information for 2 recommenders is required (approved recommenders are the student’s former college professors or supervisors).
- Statement of Purpose is required (1,000-1,500 words, double spaced).
- Departmental approval is required.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for questions:
Email for sending documents: