Take Your Expertise to New Levels with an Online Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Your knowledge of human behavior could benefit a variety of industries as you help companies solve workplace problems and improve productivity. Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology can help you gain the research and professional skills you need to make the difference.
Our specialization in industrial/organizational psychology (I/O psychology) provides training in the study of human behavior in organizations and the workplace. You will learn how to derive principles of individual, group, and organizational behavior and apply that knowledge as you develop solutions for challenges in the workplace.
As a nonprofit, Christian university, our goal is to see you thrive both personally and professionally throughout your studies. There is currently no other program that integrates strong biblical principles into this kind of research training. The Ph.D. in I/O psychology degree is designed to teach students like you to think critically about topics relevant to people today, especially those in the workforce.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Psychology?
At Liberty, you can earn your Ph.D. in Psychology online with courses that last only 8 weeks and have various start times throughout the year. Let us help you pursue your educational, professional, and personal goals while providing enough flexibility for you to be present with your family, friends, and responsibilities.
Additionally, choosing to study with Liberty allows you to evaluate research while applying biblical truths about human behavior. With your concentration in industrial/organizational psychology, you can gain new perspectives on behavior within the workforce. This will increase your marketability by allowing you to improve the environments you work in. If your goal is to use these skills as a professor, you will be trained to enact positive change by revealing these truths to your students.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology?
Pursuing an online Ph.D. program in psychology can help you broaden your experience and strengthen your academic knowledge while exponentially advancing your critical thinking, writing, and research skills. At Liberty, you are free to integrate biblical principles into your studies and understanding of human behavior.
In our industrial/organizational psychology concentration, you will study research and theories related to organizational processes, teamwork, workplace relationships, and methods for increasing workplace satisfaction and productivity. Your coursework will focus on designing and implementing projects that can help workplaces struggling with personnel, productivity, and process issues.
Our psychology doctoral students are mentored in research presentations and are encouraged to attend conferences with faculty. Our goal is to help you become a thought leader in the area of research you are most passionate about. Advance your mastery in the field of psychology so you can go into the world with insights and truth that can help countless people.
- PSYC 640 — Organizational Behavior and Development
- PSYC 710 — Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview
- PSYC 716 — Theories and Research in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PSYC 775 — Teaching of Psychology
Highlights of Our Psychology Doctoral Programs
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Ph.D. in Industrial/Organization Psychology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Our degrees allow you to apply biblical principles to advanced research techniques through courses like Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview.
Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Careers for Ph.D. in Psychology Graduates
Graduates of our program will be able to work in a variety of educational, research, or corporate settings. By completing this doctoral degree, you will be more qualified to obtain jobs that meaningfully impact individual and societal change through research, writing, project management, or leading programs.
Here are some of the positions that may be available to you:
- Independent consultant
- Organizational mentor/consultant
- University professor
Doctorate in Psychology Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Contact information for 2 approved recommenders
- Statement of Purpose
- Departmental approval
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.