Prepare for a Career in Behavioral and Mental Health Administration with Liberty’s PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership
Are you an experienced behavioral health professional looking to take the next step in your career? With Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership, you can develop the skills needed to pursue administrative and management positions in mental and behavioral health organizations. Throughout this program, you will be trained in advanced research methods as well as practical leadership skills – providing you with an effective blend of theory and praxis to facilitate your career growth.
The skills you gain throughout the doctorate in behavioral health leadership can help equip you for a variety of job opportunities. You could go on to pursue a career in research or teach at the collegiate level, or you may take on top-level administrative positions in behavioral health settings. The PhD in Psychology is a research-oriented program, so the courses you take will emphasize a more theoretical approach to human behavior – enabling you to solve important problems in the field.
As a graduate of our online psychology program, you can be better equipped to pursue leadership roles, manage teams and organizations, and address research issues within the field of behavioral health. Partner with us and prepare to make a greater impact on your community as a research expert and leader in psychology.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership Degree?
At Liberty, we’re committed to helping you reach your goals without putting your life on hold. That’s why we’ve designed our PhD in Psychology to be 100% online. With our top-notch distance learning platform, you’ll have the freedom to pursue your doctorate from the comfort of home. Additionally, you can complete this degree in as little as 3 years – faster than a typical doctoral program – saving you time and money.
Like many students, you may be wondering whether an online education offers the same rigor and credibility as an on-campus program. At Liberty, you can rest assured that the degree you’re earning is of the highest quality. We are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – and our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. With an online degree from Liberty, you can prepare to pursue your career goals with confidence.
Throughout the PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership degree program, you’ll study under faculty who have advanced degrees and years of experience in related fields. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, our professors will teach you effective leadership techniques, essential research methods, and important ethical considerations. With their guidance, you can gain an in-depth understanding of human thought and behavior. You’ll also receive support from our faculty as you develop your own original research to contribute to the current body of knowledge in the field of psychology.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want – at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession – for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership Degree Online?
This program is broken down into 3 parts: core psychology courses, the behavioral health leadership specialization, and a dissertation sequence. With such a well-rounded array of courses, you can build on your previous study and experience in psychology and behavioral health while preparing for new roles in leadership and administration.
The core courses cover a variety of topics such as research, statistics, and analysis. You’ll also study the relationship between Christianity and psychology – particularly how a biblical worldview is compatible with empirical research in psychology and how they can be used together in the pursuit of truth. Additionally, you’ll explore how to effectively teach the subject of psychology at the college level in both residential and online settings. By developing a strong foundation in research and teaching methods, you can train to become a thought leader in your field.
Within the behavioral health leadership specialization, you’ll explore the concept of management in behavioral and mental health settings. Some of the topics you’ll study include theories and research in behavioral health, leadership and development, strategic planning and management, and contemporary topics in behavioral health. You will also be able to customize your degree by choosing from a list of available courses. Depending on which topics interest you, you could study grant writing, program evaluation, organizational consulting, behavioral healthcare policy, or healthcare financial management.
Lastly, you will round out your degree by completing a rigorous sequence of dissertation courses. As you research, write, and defend your dissertation, you can explore important issues in behavioral health and develop valuable research to help address challenges and further advances in your field.
- PSYC 718 – Theories and Research in Behavioral Health
- PSYC 780 – Strategic Planning and Management
- PSYC 828 – Contemporary Topics in Behavioral Health
- PSYC 840 – Leadership and Development
Highlights of Our PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this doctorate in behavioral health leadership in as little as 3 years!
- Throughout the PhD in Psychology program online, you’ll have the opportunity to network with behavioral health professionals from across the country.
- As a Liberty student, you’ll have access to a wealth of resources through our top-notch online library portal.
PhD in Psychology – Online Behavioral Health Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the PhD in Psychology Dissertation Handbook.
- The online PhD in Psychology is a non-clinical, non-licensure program.
What Can You Do with a Behavioral Health Leadership Degree?
Here are just some of the roles you could pursue after completing your PhD in Psychology – Behavioral Health Leadership degree:
- Administrator/director of a behavioral or mental health organization
- Grant writer
- Nonprofit organization leader
- Program or department head
- Project manager
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s PhD in Psychology Online Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Contact information for 2 approved recommenders
- Statement of Purpose
- Departmental approval (as required by Graduate Admissions)
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.