Why Choose Liberty’s Doctoral Programs with the School of Behavioral Sciences?
Are you currently working in the counseling field with a desire to enhance your ability to help people heal and grow through times of struggle? If you need advanced studies in psychology and counseling practice to further your counseling ministry, want to start your own practice, or help counselors prepare for the field, Liberty’s online doctorates in counseling can help give you the training you need!
Liberty’s School of Behavioral Sciences offers online doctoral degrees that blend engaging online content with hands-on training to give you a balance of theory with practice. With our week-long on-campus intensives, you can meet your professors and network with fellow professionals from the world of counseling.
Liberty’s Doctoral Level Programs with the School of Behavioral Sciences
Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.)
Become more skilled in your counseling techniques and conduct scholarly research
Liberty’s 100% online, 57-credit-hour Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling is a degree that focuses on the mental health of both communities and individuals. The following specializations are available:
- Marriage and family
- Pastoral care and counseling
Counselor Education and Supervision (PhD)
Learn how to lead and educate other counselors as they strive to help others
Prepare to be a leader in hospitals, government agencies, higher education, nonprofit organizations, rehabilitation centers, and more.
Executive Certificate in Psychology
Earn doctoral psychology credits that can be applied to Liberty’s PhD in Psychology
Prepare for a career in psychological research and academia
Liberty’s 100% online, 60 credit hour PhD in Psychology is designed to help you become a researcher and psychologist who demonstrates ethics and academic excellence while integrating biblical values into your practice.
- Behavioral Health Leadership
- Developmental Psychology
- General Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
Make a Real and Lasting Difference with One of Liberty University’s Doctoral Programs
Through Liberty’s vast online and on-campus resources, and full-time research assistants, you can complete advanced research and learn new, practical counseling methods while writing your integrated final project. With your online study and research mentorship, you can complete your online program and dissertation in as little as 3 years!
As a Christian university, Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by equipping counseling professionals to model Christ-like compassion and better help hurting people. Apply today and become a part of Liberty’s mission!
Why should I pursue my PhD with Liberty University?
Deciding where to pursue your doctorate is an important decision as well as a commitment. We want to make sure that our program is the right fit for you as you earn your terminal degree. Here are some of the reasons why we believe Liberty University’s PhD programs stand out:
- We strive for excellence in all that we do, and we work to ensure you are learning what it takes to be a leader who values ethics and integrity.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means your program and curriculum has met rigorous academic standards, and your degree will be well-respected among employers.
- Our PhD professors all have doctoral degrees and years of real-life experience in research, counseling, teaching, and more. They are qualified to educate as well as eager to share their expertise.
- The flexibility offered in our online programs means that you can earn your doctorate while remaining active in your career, family, and community.
What does it mean to have a PhD in Psychology?
Earning your PhD in Psychology means that you can conduct current research in the field and share your findings with other scholars and students. Many professionals who hold this credential actively educate students in colleges and universities. Liberty University’s PhD in Psychology can help prepare you with practical research experience and a dissertation.
Our specializations can help you prepare for specific roles within psychological research, academia, and practice. For example, Liberty University’s PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology equips you to help solve workplace issues and improve the lives of employees around the world. An online PhD in I/O Psychology is an excellent opportunity to apply both research and practical skills in your profession.
What is the cost of a PhD in Psychology?
We strive to keep costs low for all of our online programs, including Liberty University’s psychology PhD. Some of our efforts include freezing our tuition for the past several years and offering a doctoral tuition discount to select military students. We also allow you to transfer in up to 50% of the credit towards your program, which can dramatically reduce your overall cost.
For students who do not receive discounts or transfer credit, the cost per credit hour is only $595 for full-time enrollment!
What is counselor education and supervision?
Liberty University’s counselor education and supervision doctorate can help you teach and guide other counselors. You can gain the skills and training needed to be a supervisor and educator for counselors who are still learning techniques and skills in the field.
With Liberty University’s PhD in counseling education, you can help improve the field of counseling so patients and clients receive optimal care.
What is Liberty University’s community care and counseling doctorate?
Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling is designed to provide you with a terminal education as an active counselor. You can learn new techniques, how to conduct your own research, and gain additional insight into your own counseling skills.
We offer several specializations so you can personalize your degree to your career goals. For instance, our traumatology degree specialization can help you hone your skills in helping patients who have dealt with severe physical and mental trauma.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing One of Liberty University’s Online Doctorates?
Our online doctoral degree programs offer students the following benefits:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online doctoral degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Most of our doctoral programs are available in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s PhD and Doctoral Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate Ed.D. courses
- Executive Certificate tuition discount – $300 per credit hour
- Pursuing one of our Ph.D. programs? Find out how you can earn a Ph.D. for only $300 per credit hour!
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per Ed.D. course*)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*First Responder Discount cannot be combined with Liberty’s military discount for Ph.D. programs.