Discover What’s Happening in Society Today with Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology
Through technology and global communication, our world of diverse cultures is getting smaller. As we come closer together, new challenges emerge that stem from how people interact and adapt on a social scale. Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology provides a specialized degree that can help you see the large-scale challenges of our society and be a part of real-world solutions.
Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology provides rigorous research training that will prepare you for a career in academia and social psychology research. An online Ph.D. in Psychology is ideal for students who want to bring new knowledge of human behavior to the field and find new ways to help address wide-reaching social issues.
This Ph.D. in Psychology degree is designed to prepare you to evaluate and understand the truth about human behavior from a biblical worldview. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill this mission by training professionals to use scientific research with biblical values to understand the full breadth of human experience. Our unique, biblically-based approach to this field will prepare you to make a positive impact on those around you.
With Liberty’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology, you can participate in optional on-campus intensive courses that will allow you to meet faculty and other students while you develop your professional and research skills. Unlike many other online doctoral programs in psychology, our students can be a part of an online and on-campus community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Psychology?
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology can be completed entirely online, which provides the flexibility you need to complete a doctoral degree. This program still provides the option to take intensive courses on our campus in Lynchburg, Va, which gives you the chance to connect in person. In addition to saving you time, the online format allows you to save money in travel costs and offers a reduced tuition cost.
Throughout this program, we integrate a biblical worldview. This perspective in your social psychology research and practical training in psychology will help you develop professional and academic excellence without compromising an ethical appreciation for human life. Our faculty are devoted to providing the training you need, personally and academically.
Earning a Ph.D. in Psychology online with Liberty means that you will be trained to engage with research and psychological practice critically and biblically so that you can solve the most challenging social problems of our generation with exceptional psychology expertise. If you want to make an impact in the field of psychology, while staying true to your values, then Liberty’s program will give you the training you need.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in Psychology Social Psychology?
Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology will build on your previous study and experience in human psychology to develop you into a researcher and psychologist who demonstrates ethical and academic excellence while integrating biblical values into your practice. With our online Ph.D. in Psychology, you will learn effective clinical techniques, essential behavioral theory, and develop your research and writing expertise.
The social psychology area of study brings these specialized skills to bear on larger-scale societal issues, allowing you to provide guidance to governments, businesses, and nonprofits for how to meet social challenges.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn how an appreciation of biblical values enhances psychological practice by putting human value at the forefront of technique and theory.
- Develop a grounded critical approach to psychological research and theory while integrating a biblical worldview into approaches to current issues in psychology.
- Learn how to apply principles of psychology to large-scale social thought and group psychology.
- Master psychological research and writing techniques that will establish your work in the study of human behavior.
- Complete dissertation research through your program with mentorship from your professors so that you have the option to present research at conferences.
Our goal is to help you venture into the world of psychological research and practice and offer insights based in biblical foundations of truth that can help patients heal and thrive. You will be encouraged to become a thought leader on a variety of topics related to human experience, with an emphasis in social psychology issues.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses for more information!
- PSYC 700 – Foundations of Doctoral Study in Psychology*
- PSYC 710 – Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview*
- PSYC 775 – Teaching of Psychology*
*Course guides coming soon!
Highlights of Our Psychology Doctoral Programs
- By earning your Ph.D. in Psychology – Social Psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Our degrees allow you to apply biblical principles to advanced research techniques through courses like Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview.
Ph.D. in Social Psychology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the online Ph.D. in Psychology program.
View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Ph.D. in Psychology Jobs
Graduates of our program can work in a variety of educational, research, or corporate settings. With the credentials you receive in this degree, you can obtain jobs that meaningfully impact individual and societal change through research, writing, project management, and leading programs.
- Independent consultant
- Collegiate professor
- Organizational mentor/consultant
Doctorate in Psychology Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information. Additionally, students must have completed 12 hours in psychology at the undergraduate or graduate level, including courses in general psychology, statistics, research methods, and one additional course. If these prerequisites were met at the undergraduate level, a bachelor’s degree will also be required for admission.
Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- 2 Recommender Contact Information: approved recommenders are the student’s former college professors or supervisors
- Statement of Purpose: 2 pages, double spaced
- Departmental approval (as required by Graduate Admissions)
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.