Explore Human Development with Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Psychology
Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Developmental Psychology provides an in-depth study of human growth and development that will help give you advanced insight into human psychology. Through rigorous research training that will prepare you for a career in academia and research, Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology is ideal for students who want to bring new knowledge of human behavior to the field and find new ways to help people heal, grow, and thrive.
This Ph.D. in Psychology is designed to prepare you to evaluate research and to understand the truth about human behavior from a biblical worldview. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill this mission by training professionals to use science and biblical values to understand the full breadth of human experience. Our unique, biblically-based approach to this field will prepare you to make a positive impact on those around you.
With Liberty’s Ph.D. in Psychology, you will have the option of attending on-campus intensives that allow you to meet faculty and other students while you develop your professional and research skills. Unlike with many other online doctoral programs in psychology, our students can be a part of and online and on-campus community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Psychology?
Our online Ph.D. in Psychology can be completed 100% online, providing the flexibility you need to complete your doctorate around your busy schedule. This program also provides a community of psychology professionals and the ability to take optional on-campus intensive courses to allow you to connect in person with your peers and professors.
Liberty integrates a biblical worldview foundation into this program’s in-depth study of developmental psychology. This perspective in your research and practical training in psychology will help you develop professional and academic excellence without compromising an ethical appreciation for human life.
With our online Ph.D. in Psychology, you will learn effective clinical techniques, advanced behavioral theory, and develop your research and writing expertise. You will benefit from a thorough study of human thought and behavior while developing your own research to further the field’s body of knowledge in developmental psychology.
Earning a Ph.D. in Psychology online with Liberty means that you will be trained to engage with research and psychological practice critically and biblically. If you want to pursue a deeper understanding of human growth and development while respecting the inherent value of human life, Liberty’s Ph.D. in Psychology – Developmental Psychology is the program you need.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in Psychology – Developmental Psychology?
Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology is designed to build on your previous study and experience in human psychology. Our in-depth course of study will help develop you into a researcher and psychologist who demonstrates ethical and academic excellence while integrating biblical values into your practice.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn how an appreciation of biblical values enhances psychological practice by putting human value at the forefront of technique and theory.
- Develop a grounded critical approach to psychological research and theory while integrating a biblical worldview into approaches to current issues in psychology.
- Master psychological research and writing techniques that will establish your work in the study of human behavior.
- Complete dissertation research through your program with mentorship from your professors so that you have the option to present research at conferences.
Our goal is to help you become a thought leader on a variety of topics related to human experience. With the specialization in developmental psychology, you will investigate specialized approaches to developmental issues in child psychology, develop an approach to treating adults with childhood trauma, and establish an expertise in developmental growth studies. You can enter the world of psychological research and practice and offer insights based in biblical foundations of truth that can help patients heal and thrive.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses for more information!
- PSYC 700 – Foundations of Doctoral Study in Psychology*
- PSYC 710 – Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview*
- PSYC 775 – Teaching of Psychology*
*Course guides coming soon!
Highlights of Our Psychology Doctoral Programs
- By earning your Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Our degrees allow you to apply biblical principles to advanced research techniques through courses like Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview.
Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the online Ph.D. in Psychology program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Careers with a Ph.D. in Psychology
Graduates of our program will be able to work in a variety of educational, research, or corporate settings. With the credentials you receive in this degree, you can obtain jobs that meaningfully impact individual and societal change through research, writing, project management, or leading programs.
- Independent consultant
- Collegiate professor
- Organizational mentor/consultant
Doctorate in Psychology Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information. Additionally, students must have completed 12 hours in psychology at the undergraduate or graduate level, including courses in general psychology, statistics, research methods, and one additional course. If these prerequisites were met at the undergraduate level, a bachelor’s degree will also be required for admissions.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- 2 Recommender Contact Information: approved recommenders are the student’s former college professors or supervisors
- Statement of Purpose
- Departmental approval (as required by Graduate Admissions)
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.