Why Should You Seek Admission to Liberty University’s Online EdS or EdD in Community Care and Counseling Degree?
Liberty University’s 100% online Education Specialist (EdS) and Doctor of Education (EdD) in Community Care and Counseling degrees can help equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. In these programs, you will study advanced counseling techniques and learn to apply them to help solve real-world ministry problems. This set of skills and knowledge makes the EdS and EdD in Community Care and Counseling ideal for pastors, licensed professional counselors, and clinical social workers who want to expand their studies and enhance their careers.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing students in the online community care and counseling degree programs with ethical, evidence-based, and biblically grounded skills and knowledge needed to minister in today’s increasingly complex and diverse society. With Liberty University’s cutting-edge online learning format, students pursuing this online postgraduate or doctoral degree will receive a quality education with opportunities for hands-on instruction and practice.
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s EdS and EdD in Community Care and Counseling Programs
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Submit official college transcripts (sealed, unopened physical copies, or sent directly to Liberty via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show that you have earned a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants lacking a graduate-level statistics course will be required to complete CEFS 515 Research and Program Evaluation (3 c.h.), or EDUC 518 Educational Research and Assessment (3 c.h.), or its equivalent prior to EDCO 735 in the Ed.D.
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation while conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
Requirements for EdS and EdD Preliminary Acceptance
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your postgraduate or doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable physical copy of an official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Email for Questions
Email for Sending Documents
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to the EdS in Community Care and Counseling
Back to the EdD in Community Care and Counseling