Why Should You Seek Admission to Liberty University’s Online EdD in Community Care and Counseling Degree?
Liberty University’s 100% online EdD in Community Care and Counseling degree will equip you with the tools and knowledge you need to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. In this program, you will engage in advanced studies in biblical counseling and pastoral care and learn to apply them to help solve real-world ministry problems. This set of skills and knowledge makes the EdD in Community Care and Counseling ideal for pastors, licensed professional counselors, and clinical social workers who want to expand their studies and enhance their careers.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing students in the online community care and counseling degree program with ethical, evidence-based, and biblically grounded skills and knowledge needed to minister in today’s increasingly complex and diverse society. Delivered through Liberty University’s cutting-edge online learning format, students pursuing this online doctoral degree receive a quality education with optional on-campus intensives, which can provide hands-on instruction and practice.
Liberty University EdD Admission Requirements – Community Care and Counseling Program
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Submit official college transcripts (sealed, unopened physical copies, or sent directly to Liberty via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show that you have earned a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants lacking a graduate-level statistics course will be required to complete CEFS 515 – Research and Program Evaluation, EDUC 518 – Educational Research and Assessment, or an equivalent course.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternate test of English proficiency: the Duolingo English test, International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP). Applicants must earn a minimum score of 105 on the Duolingo English test, 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 3.9 on the iTEP, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or an equivalent score on an approved alternate test for all graduate degree programs. Applicants who have an earned degree from a college or university in the U.S. or other English-speaking country or school may have the TOEFL requirement waived by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Alternatively, applicants who successfully complete the levels of English-Second-Language (ESL) instruction indicated below at one of 2 schools will have the TOEFL requirement waived. Students will have their application held until transcripts from one of the below schools are received.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation while conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
Requirements for Ed.D. Preliminary Acceptance
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable physical copy of an official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515