Help Communities Rebuild with Liberty’s Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Degree
Our 100% online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology degree is designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to provide professional counseling services from a Christian perspective. Our doctorate in trauma therapy will help prepare you to serve individuals and communities as they recover from abuse, natural disasters, and personal crises. At Liberty, we believe in giving you the education you need to reach your full potential – so you can make the difference you always knew you could.
The traumatology area of study in the Ed.D. provides you with advanced tools and skills essential to identifying and addressing the effects of emergencies, disasters, and tragedies on individuals, families, and whole communities’ ability to have healthy relationships and lead successful lives. Our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology degree provides advanced training ideal for pastors, licensed professional counselors, crisis counselors, trauma therapists, and clinical social workers who want to expand their knowledge base to better minister to those recovering from tragedy.
If you want a terminal degree that gives you advanced, specialized training in crisis response and trauma therapy, allows you to demonstrate your expertise through doctoral dissertation research, and is 100% online, our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology program is for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Degree?
Here at Liberty University, we Train Champions for Christ. Our online counseling and trauma therapy doctoral degree program is grounded in biblical, ethical, and evidence-based best practices. Our Ed.D. programs are taught by professors who are industry experts with real-world experience in their field. Your success is important to us, so throughout your doctorate degree in traumatology, you will be taught practical skills rooted in innovative research. Pursue your Ed.D. to receive doctoral study focused on rigorous research and practical applications
Benefits of Our Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Degree
- Completing a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling online with Liberty University will offer a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world problems with advanced research.
- The online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology does not require that you have current state licensure for clinical counseling but will advance your skills and knowledge both in a licensed clinical counseling role or an alternative counseling ministry.
- Our online doctorate degree in trauma counseling’s integrated dissertation allows you to work toward significant parts of your dissertation research while you complete your online course content, giving you a clear, step-by-step path to finishing your doctoral studies in as little as three years.
- The doctorate in community care and counseling – traumatology degree is one of the only online programs in the nation to offer five courses specifically in trauma counseling, providing a unique balance of specialized training and practical counseling techniques.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Doctorate Degree Program?
The core of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling provides a robust research foundation with statistical and research design content, as well as careful preparation for your dissertation. Throughout our traumatology doctoral program, you will study specialized trauma therapy and crisis response topics, from recognizing signs of child abuse to helping communities recover from a terrorist attack. When you earn your doctoral traumatology counseling degree from Liberty University, you can be confident you will learn evidence-based approaches to assessment and treatment that utilize scientific research and are grounded in biblical principles.
- TRMA 800 – Child and Adolescent Trauma
- TRMA 810 – Adult and Familial Trauma
- TRMA 820 – Disaster Mental Health and Community Response
- TRMA 830 – Assessment and Testing in the Treatment of Trauma
Please note: Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology degree is not designed to meet any particular state’s licensing standards, so additional classes may need to be taken outside the program. If you are interested in a state counseling license, please see our M.A. in Professional Counseling, M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.A. in Addiction Counseling programs.
Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Degree Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree’s optional on-campus intensives give you the opportunity to receive hands-on training from experienced counseling professionals.
- You will gain a diverse set of practical counseling skills that will equip you for serving in disaster relief, trauma therapy, and crisis counseling in your community.
- By completing an integrated dissertation project, you will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced counseling theories to real-world problems.
Online Doctorate in Traumatology Degree Information
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and view the Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Handbook for more information on the dissertation process and other aspects of this online trauma therapy and crisis response degree.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides for the doctorate in trauma counseling (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Ed.D. in Counseling Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Doctorate Degree in Traumatology
Graduates of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling program will have a marketable doctorate degree that may provide opportunities to publish academic research, teach at the collegiate level, and advance in current counseling responsibilities. The practical skills and knowledge in our online doctorate of traumatology counseling degree will equip you to serve in trauma therapy and crisis counseling roles supporting disaster relief efforts by nonprofit organizations and governments, as well as counseling for individuals and families suffering from abuse or tragedy.
Please note that many clinical counseling roles will require individual state licensure.
- Church counselor
- Trauma therapist
- Outpatient care therapist
- Social worker
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree* with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee**
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*Students without a master’s degree in counseling, human services, or a related area may require additional graduate prerequisite courses.
**There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.