Help Build Stronger Families with Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling Degree
At Liberty University, our 100% online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling degree equips you with the tools and knowledge you need to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. Our Ed.D. in marriage and family counseling will prepare you to address the many challenges couples, children, and families face. Like you, we believe in excellence, and our mission is to provide you with the marriage and family therapy doctoral degree you need to become a Champion for Christ as you work to help restore important family relationships.
The marriage and family counseling area of study provides advanced practical training by examining best practices for various types of assessment used in marital and family counseling as well as real-world expertise from experts in the field. Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling degree is ideal for pastors, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, and clinical social workers who want to expand their knowledge base and enhance their careers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.D. in Marriage and Family Counseling?
We are dedicated to providing you with ethical, evidence-based, and biblically grounded knowledge throughout the online Ed.D. in marriage and family counseling degree, so you can minister effectively in today’s complex and diverse society. As a university that has been pioneering distance education since 1985, our online doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy offers a quality education taught by professors who are content experts with real-world experience in the field. If you wish to earn an advanced, 100% online doctoral degree in marriage and family counseling from a Christian university, our program is what you’re looking for.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Degree?
- Completing an online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in marriage and family counseling degree with Liberty University will offer you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world problems with advanced research.
- Our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling does not require you to have current state licensure for clinical counseling but will advance your skills and knowledge both in a licensed clinical counseling role or an alternative counseling ministry.
- Our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree’s integrated dissertation allows you to work toward significant parts of your dissertation research while you complete your online course content, giving you a clear, step-by-step path to finish your doctoral studies in as little as 3 years.
- The Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling program contains content that will apply towards numerous marriage and family counseling certifications including Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts (SYMBIS) and Prepare and Enrich (PE).
What Will You Learn in an Online Marriage and Family Counseling Ed.D. Degree Program?
The core of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling program provides a robust research foundation as well as careful preparation for the integrated dissertation project. In our online marriage and family counseling Ed.D. degree program, you will study counseling topics such as applied counseling theories, advanced tests and measurements, and teaching and learning techniques. Throughout your marriage and family counseling classes, you will learn how to apply a diverse set of skills you have learned to advanced counseling theories and real-world human services problems.
As you pursue the marriage and family therapy area of study, your online Ed.D. degree will focus on specialized assessment tools and methods to help your clients develop better relationships and build stronger families. Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree will help you advance your counseling skills and apply theories to specific issues for married couples, families, and the counseling field in general.
- EDCO 806 – Premarital and Remarriage Counseling
- EDCO 811 – Marriage Counseling
- EDCO 815 – Family Development
Please note: The Ed.D. is not designed to meet any particular state’s licensing standards, so additional classes may need to be taken outside of the program. If you are interested in a state counseling license, please see the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.A. in Addiction Counseling programs.
Our Doctorate in Marriage and Family Counseling Online Degree Information
- This Ed.D. program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Handbook for more information on the dissertation process and other aspects of this online marriage and family counseling doctoral degree.
- View the Graduate Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Ed.D. in Community Counseling Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Online Ed.D. in Marriage and Family Counseling Program Highlights
- By earning your Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- You will gain a diverse set of practical ministry counseling skills that can equip you for marriage and family therapy, marital and pre-marital counseling, and addressing current issues that affect communities and churches in your area.
- By completing an integrated dissertation project, you will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced counseling theories to practical problems.
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. Degree in Marriage and Family Counseling
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
- Social worker
Graduates of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling degree will have a marketable doctorate that may provide opportunities for publishing academic research, teaching at the college level, and pursuing advanced counselor roles. The practical skills and knowledge you will gain in our online marriage and family counseling Ed.D. degree will equip you for pre-marital, marital, and family counseling. Please note that many clinical counseling roles will require individual state licensure.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Marriage and Family Counseling Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree* with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee**
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*Students without a master’s degree in counseling, human services, or a related area may be required to complete additional graduate prerequisite courses.
**There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.