Liberty’s Scholarships for Online College Students is Making College More Affordable
Scholarships are designed to give online college students the opportunity to gain financial support based on academic or other achievements and affiliations. Each one has unique requirements and deadlines. It is essential to keep these deadlines in mind as you apply for scholarships to allow enough time for processing. Liberty University’s online students are encouraged to explore our various scholarships.
Internal Scholarships for Liberty University’s Online College Students
Liberty University is dedicated to helping ease the burden of paying for your online education by offering scholarships specifically designed for our online students. We strive to help you pay for your online degree by keeping tuition costs low. As a nonprofit institution, Liberty University will never charge you high college tuition fees to make a profit from your educational investment.
While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university. Tuition at Liberty University for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. Our low cost of tuition, available grants and loans, and scholarships allow our online college students a wide variety of opportunities to complete a degree with no upfront out of pocket expense.
We look forward to helping you pursue online education through our online scholarship opportunities!
Visit our Scholarships Page to learn more information about each scholarship listed below.
- Canadian Student Initiative
- First Responders Discount
- Heroes Fund Scholarship
- International Mission Board (IMB)
- Liberty Advantage
- Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia (SBCV)
- Word of Life Employees
- West Virginia Convention of Southern Baptists (WVCSB)
External Scholarships for Online College Students
Finding scholarships is easier than you may think! You can begin by searching online, through an employer, or with a religious organization. There is, however, a way to simplify your scholarship search and locate funds for which you qualify.
You can use keywords and qualifiers in your searches to help find scholarships that are specific to you. For example, when searching for scholarships, describe your qualities, characteristics, or interests. By using these keywords in your scholarship search, you will narrow down your searches and find results faster. Choosing the right keywords will connect you with the best information.
You can also check out the following list of external scholarships. Liberty University is not liable for the actions of the scholarship representatives or the validity of each scholarship. Please be aware of rules and possible scams of every scholarship.
Databases of Scholarships
We have provided a list of databases that might be helpful in finding external scholarship opportunities. All you have to do is put your information into a profile, and the site does the work for you.
Examples of Qualifiers for Scholarships
- Family heritage or ethnicity (family heritage scholarships and minority scholarships)
- Associations and affiliations with clubs, organizations, churches, businesses, and unions
- Your major (field of study)
- Religious affiliation (religious scholarships)
- Hobbies and interests (4-H, DAR, etc.)
- Disabilities (Students with visual or hearing impairments, students with ADHD, etc.)
- Member of the Armed Forces, a dependent of a career military member, or a dependent of a disabled veteran
- Your favorite retail stores or brand names (i.e., Sears, Belk, Target)