Enhance Your Counseling Ministry with Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling – Pastoral Care and Counseling Degree
Our 100% online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling — Pastoral Care and Counseling degree equips you with the tools and knowledge you need to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. Our pastoral care and counseling doctoral degree provides you with practical training that will help you counsel diverse individuals, groups, and family populations. You have a passion for reaching hurting individuals with the wisdom and love of Christ, and our Ed.D. in pastoral counseling will provide you with the education you need to make your counseling ministry more effective.
This online Ed.D. in counseling degree is ideal for pastors, licensed professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, and clinical social workers who want to further their education and enhance their careers. This doctorate of pastoral counseling degree provides advanced biblical counseling skills that will prepare you for counseling ministry, allow you to expand your human services experience, and help you to effectively address current issues and crises facing your community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.D. in Pastoral Care and Counseling for Your Doctorate?
At Liberty University, we’re dedicated to providing an online pastoral care and counseling doctorate degree program that supports your success with the ethical, evidence-based, and biblically grounded skills you need to minister in today’s increasingly complex and diverse society. Delivered through our online learning environment, this online doctoral counseling program provides quality education taught by professors who are content experts with real-world experience in the field.
If you want to pursue a ministry-focused online doctoral degree in counseling from one of the largest Christian universities in the country, our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling program offers a path to completing a doctoral degree with practical, real-world applications.
What Are the Benefits of Our Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Degree?
- Completing our online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Pastoral Care and Counseling program will give you a practice-focused degree that focuses on solving real-world problems with advanced research, as opposed to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Counseling program which emphasizes more theoretical research.
- Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling online degree program does not require you to have current state licensure for clinical counseling but will advance your skills and knowledge both in a licensed clinical counseling role or an alternative counseling application.
- Our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree’s integrated dissertation allows you to work toward significant parts of your dissertation research while you complete your online course content, giving you a clear, step-by-step path to finishing your doctoral studies in as little as 3 years.
- Completing our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling online degree’s integrated dissertation will give you the ability to focus your research on a real-world human services issue, giving you the opportunity to put your academic work into motion to help real communities.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Pastoral Care and Counseling Degree Program?
The core of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree provides a robust research foundation as well as careful preparation for the integrated dissertation project. Within the program, you will study applied counseling theories and advanced tests, measurements, and teaching and learning techniques. This diverse set of skills will allow you to apply advanced counseling theories and techniques to real-world human services problems in your community and beyond.
Throughout our pastoral care and counseling Ed.D. degree, you will study advanced biblical counseling approaches to individual, family, premarital, and marital issues as well as crisis response. Your online counseling doctoral courses will teach you a diverse set of practical skills you can apply to your counseling ministry, allowing you to address many different modern-day problems.
- EDCO 821 — Ethics and Issues in Pastoral Counseling
- EDCO 826 — Growth and Development of the Pastoral Counselor
- EDCO 831 — Individual and Family Issues in Pastoral Counseling
- EDCO 836 — Premarital and Marital Issues in Pastoral Counseling
Please note: This Ed.D. degree is not designed to meet state counseling licensure requirements. If you are interested in a state counseling license, please see our Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, or Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling programs.
Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Degree Information
- This online doctoral program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- Review the Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Handbook for more information on the dissertation process and other aspects of this online pastoral counseling doctoral degree.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Pastoral Counseling
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. Degree in Pastoral Counseling
Graduates of our online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree program will have a terminal doctoral credential that may provide opportunities for publishing academic research, teaching at the college level, and pursuing advanced counselor roles. The practical skills and knowledge taught in our online pastoral care and counseling doctorate will equip students for many roles in counseling and human services, such as Christian counseling, nonprofit counseling, or other ministry-focused counseling.
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
- Social worker
- University professor
Please Note: Many clinical counseling roles will require individual state licensure.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree* with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee**
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*Students without a master’s degree in counseling, human services, or a related area may require additional graduate prerequisite courses.
**There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Online Ed.D. in Pastoral Counseling Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- You will gain a diverse set of practical counseling skills in our online pastoral care and counseling doctorate degree program that will equip you for marriage and family therapy, marital and premarital counseling, and current social issues that affect communities and churches in your area.
- By completing the Ed.D. in pastoral counseling degree’s integrated dissertation project, you will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced counseling theories to practical problems.