Stand Out Among Nursing Professionals by Completing our Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Healthcare Administration Dual Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Nursing and Healthcare Administration dual degree program will provide the training you need to become a valuable asset to your organization by mastering strategic planning skills, business management techniques, and financial models and principles. As a nursing professional, you will advance your career in the healthcare administration field with additional leadership and management skills essential to success in a variety of healthcare administration settings.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Science in Healthcare Administration Program?
Our MSN/MSHA dual degree is taught by business and nursing professionals with real-world experience. The program is ranked by GuideToOnlineSchools.com in their 2018 list of Top Online Colleges for Value and Affordability. Graduates are equipped with an understanding of health policy and ethics, strategic marking and management for health professionals, and healthcare informatics and technology.
What Will You Learn in the Nursing and Healthcare Administration Degree?
Liberty University’s MSN/MSHA dual degree is based on the curriculum guidelines set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Graduates will integrate research and scholarship into advanced nursing practice, promote culturally competent population healthcare, utilize strategic management and marketing techniques, address legal and ethical concerns for health professionals, and collaborate with members of inter-professional teams to support best practices in healthcare.
- By earning your nursing and healthcare administration dual degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Students can complete this dual Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program in as little as two and a half years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Nursing and the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- Review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
Students residing in Maryland are currently unable to complete their practicum in the state of Maryland. However, it is possible for Maryland students to complete their practicum in neighboring states, such as Virginia or Delaware. Please contact the School of Nursing for more information.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Potential Career Options
- Clinical manager
- Health information manager
- Nursing home administrator
- Assistant administrator
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.S.N./M.S.H.A Dual Degree
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
- Current and active nursing license to practice as a registered nurse in your current state of residency and CPR certification (Basic Life Support with Automated External Defibrillator Certification by the American Heart Association).
- A minimum of one year of nursing practice as a registered nurse.
- One recommendation from a nurse manager or faculty.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN Degree CCNE Accreditation
The master’s degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.