Stand Out Among Nursing Professionals by Completing Our Master of Science in Nursing and Healthcare Administration Dual Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online nursing and healthcare administration dual degree program provides the training you need to become a valuable asset to your organization by mastering strategic planning skills, business management techniques, and financial models and principles. As a nursing professional, you will advance your career in healthcare administration with additional leadership and management skills essential to success in a variety of healthcare administration settings.
Licensure requirements may vary and are subject to change without notice. View your state’s requirements here: licensure/certification requirements.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s MSN/MSHA Program?
Our MSN/MSHA dual degree is taught by business and nursing professionals with real-world experience. Graduates are equipped with an understanding of health policy and ethics, strategic marketing and management for health professionals, and healthcare informatics and technology.
What Will You Learn in the Nursing and Healthcare Administration Degree?
Liberty University’s MSN/MSHA dual degree is based on the curriculum guidelines set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Graduates will integrate research and scholarship into advanced nursing practice, promote culturally competent population healthcare, utilize strategic management and marketing techniques, address legal and ethical concerns for health professionals, and collaborate with members of inter-professional teams to support best practices in healthcare.
- BUSI 506 – Legal & Ethical Issues for Health Professionals
- BUSI 528 – Strategic Management & Marketing for Health Professionals
- NURS 501 – Health Policy & Ethics*
- NURS 523 – Financial & Resource Management for Nurse Leaders*
*Course guide available upon request
Highlights of Our Nursing and Healthcare Administration Dual Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online MSN/MSHA degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this dual Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program in less than 3 years.
MSN/MSHA Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing and the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Nursing Course Guides (login required).
- A background check is required in preparation for the practicums.
Additional Program Information
Prospective students should contact their state’s Department of Education or Board of Nursing to verify access to practicum sites while enrolled in an out-of-state online program (some states may reserve clinical sites for in-state residential students). Most MSN courses are offered in an 8-week format year-round.
Liberty University Online State Approval Disclosure
Students should seek programs of study approved by their state. For more information, visit our State Approval Disclosure notifications page for Liberty University nursing programs.
Students must hold a current and active RN license within the United States.
You can view the School of Nursing’s Non-Discrimination Statement for more information about how Liberty University meets state and federal requirements to ensure fairness and reasonable accommodations.
Bridge Courses for Non-BSN Students
Currently, students who hold an RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing must complete the following Bachelor of Science in Nursing bridge courses during their first year in the MSN program:
- NURS 226 – Post-Licensure Research in Nursing
- NURS 440 – Strategies for Community Health Care
- NURS 446 – Post-Licensure Population Health
- NURS 489 – Leadership in Nursing
- NURS 491 – Nursing Management
An introductory statistics course (math preferred), undergraduate course in health assessment, and 27 hours of undergraduate business credit are required; 15 of these hours must be 300-400 level credit. These prerequisites are not required before admission but are prerequisites for graduate courses. Refer to your individual program’s Degree Completion Plan (DCP).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s MSN/MSHA Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers for Graduates of the Nursing and Healthcare Administration Master’s Program
- Assistant administrator
- Clinical manager
- Health information manager
- Nursing home administrator
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.S.N./M.S.H.A Dual Degree
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
At this time, our MSN/MSHA degree is limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
- Current and active nursing license to practice as a registered nurse in your current state of residency and CPR certification (Basic Life Support with Automated External Defibrillator Certification by the American Heart Association)
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- Contact information for 1 recommender
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN Degree CCNE Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.