Meet Critical Business Needs in Healthcare by Earning a Nursing and Business Administration Dual Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration dual degree is designed to offer the full content of both the MS in Nursing and the MBA for professionals who need to apply critical executive business practices to the healthcare field. With the online MSN / MBA Dual Degree, you will learn to balance medical costs, economic factors of healthcare, strategy-shaping regulations, and important ethical considerations to ensure high efficiency and effective use of medical resources.
You will also learn how to be successful in the healthcare organization, manage operations and personnel, ensure quality, and maintain compliance with laws that affect healthcare providers, administrators, and organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online MSN / MBA Program?
Students who are looking for MSN / MBA programs online need training in both graduate-level nursing and business that are not satisfied with shorter Business or Healthcare programs. Taking on a dual degree program like the MSN / MBA can be challenging, but it can be an incredibly effective way to ensure that you have the full spectrum of skills and knowledge needed for effective administration in a healthcare facility.
Liberty University’s MSN / MBA program is 100% online and has no required on-campus courses, meaning that you can complete your online coursework from the comfort of your home while completing your courses any time of the day.
What are the Benefits of Pursuing an MSN / MBA Dual Degree Online?
The U.S. Department of Labor classifies management with a bright outlook for job growth. Business managers have greater job security because of their role in personnel management, and this profession is not suitable for companies to outsource to foreign markets.*
- Completing the full content of both the Master of Science in Nursing and the Masters in Business Administration will provide a vast, flexible skillset for many administrative and leadership roles in the Nursing healthcare industry.
- This program is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- Provides a flexible selection of leadership analysis, management skills, and executive leadership development that will equip students for their industry’s leadership challenges.
What Will You Learn in the Online MSN / MBA Dual Degree Program?
The online MSN / MBA Dual Degree program is designed to combine the administrative theory and healthcare practice skills of the online MSN degree with the executive business and leadership content of the online MBA degree. The purpose is to give a broader skill set that is more effective in meeting unexpected and unconventional business problems encountered while practicing in a nursing leadership role.
This degree contains the critical medical research and writing training needed to stay up to speed on industry movements in Managing Population Health and Nursing Issues in Information and Technology. You will learn practical skills and techniques for the nursing administrator role, such as Organizational Leadership and Management of Resources specific to Nursing Administration.
The Masters in Business Administration online content of the MSN / MBA Dual Degree provides important executive leadership and management skills, as well as useful business training in essential areas such as Legal Issues in Business, Organizational Design and Structure, and Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management for a higher-level perspective on operations and effective business. These skills combined with the Nursing-administration focused the content of the online MSN / MBA dual degree will provide a broad base of knowledge to draw from to meet any challenges in a nursing leadership role.
Highlights of the Online MSN / MBA Dual Degree Program
- By earning your MSN / MBA Dual Degree online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You will receive the full nursing administration training of a Masters in Nursing combined with the corporate and executive expertise of the Masters in Business Administration.
- Advanced clinical practice, teaching, research, and scholarship skills will be taught throughout this program.
- You will gain exposure to practical business topics in higher-order management strategies, leadership theories, and leadership analysis that will help you meet management challenges in the healthcare industry.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- You may also be interested in reviewing our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) programs individually.
- For a dual degree program more focused on broad healthcare-specific organizational trends and market analysis, you may be interested in exploring our M.S. in Nursing/M.S. in Healthcare Administration dual degree.
Online MSN / MBA Dual Degree Information and Requirements
- Visit the School of Business or the School of Nursing for more information about faculty and department resources.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the graduate course guides for graduate business and nursing more specific information about individual courses (login required).
- Review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
- 27 hours of undergraduate business credit are required as prerequisites to the graduate business courses; 15 of these hours must be 300-400 level credit. This requirement can be satisfied by taking BMAL 590 before taking graduate business courses one Degree Completion Plan.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options for Online MSN / MBA Dual Degree Program Graduates
Graduates of the online MSN / MBA Dual Degree program are ready for a professional nursing role with administrative and business requirements. This allows students to pursue advanced treatment practice with a business perspective that makes them useful in department leadership roles where they can effectively balance budgets and resources with effective healthcare. This may lead to positions in employee hiring and training as well as oversight of patient care, and other executive roles in clinics and hospitals concerned with efficient operations. Students who complete the MSN / MBA Dual Degree program may also be eligible for many public sector healthcare advocacy and policy writing roles in many state and federal government agencies.
- Clinical Manager
- Health Information Manager
- Nursing Administrator
- Healthcare Policy Consultant
- State or Federal Healthcare Advocacy
*Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.S.N./M.B.A. Dual Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- 1 Recommender’s Contact Information/Recommendation Form
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Statement of Essential Attributes
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
Nurses educated outside of the United States must submit additional documentation in order to be considered for admission. Please see the MSN admissions page for additional information.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN/MBA Degree CCNE Accreditation
The master’s degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.