Contribute to Worship Ministry Using Technology with Liberty’s Online MA in Worship Studies – Worship Technology
When you think of music and worship, you may think of a few things. Perhaps a guitar-wielding man in black skinny jeans and a checkered flannel comes to mind – or maybe you can hear the sound of a vocalist hitting a high octave with her hands raised. If you grew up in or currently attend a country church, maybe the sound of a choir’s voices reverberating off a stained-glass window graces your ears.
Music technology is about more than just guitar, piano, and vocals – it is about harnessing the power of these instruments into a product that moves, inspires, and convicts people. The Bible tells us to make a joyful noise, and audio engineering can play a key role in helping us accomplish this command. That’s where you, and our Master of Arts (MA) in Worship Studies – Worship Technology, come in.
This worship media and technology degree covers several topics related to audio training for churches and worship music production, such as the use of computer applications in music and competencies in the use of notation software. Our worship technology master’s degree can help you gain an understanding of how to record music and add your own touches.
Why Choose Liberty’s MA in Worship Studies – Worship Technology Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to design an online degree program that blends academic excellence, affordability, and convenience. This worship technology degree is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives – allowing you to pursue your degree while remaining committed to your job, family, and community.
Our School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), and Liberty holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This means that our programs have met rigorous standards of academic excellence and can help you pursue your career goals.
Whether you are a musician or not, our MA in worship technology can be a great asset to you – as it can train you in areas of worship and music that you may not have experience in. Perhaps you’ve been on the microphone’s side of the music studio, but you’ve never worked in the recording room. This degree program can help prepare you to do both.
What Will You Learn in Our Worship and Technology Degree?
This worship arts and technology degree is made up of 4 sections: foundational courses, worship courses, worship technology courses, and practical skills in worship studies. As part of this degree’s foundational studies, you will study principles of worship and ministry as well as biblical foundations of worship. You also will have the option to explore hermeneutics, Psalms, or systematic theology.
From there, our worship studies degree will guide you through an overview of the history of worship music, the role of the worship leader, and methods for building a theology of worship. You will also study music resources and literature for worship leading, principles of worship technology, media for worship, and Ableton Live software for contemporary worship.
This degree is rounded out by an overview of tools and techniques for effective contemporary worship and current issues in worship. You will also be able to study a subject of your choice from the following: analytical techniques for the worship leader, methods for building a balanced worship ministry, or ways that pastors and worship leaders can work together.
- WMUS 600 – Music Resources and Literature for Worship Leading
- WMUS 630 – Principles of Worship Technology
- WMUS 637 – Technology and Media for Worship*
- WMUS 638 – Ableton Live for Contemporary Worship*
*Course guide coming soon
MA in Worship Studies – Worship Technology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Master’s in Worship Studies
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Worship Technology Graduates
- Music coordinator
- Worship leader
- Worship media specialist
- Worship music producer
- Worship pastor
Highlights of Our Worship Technology Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- You can complete our Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Worship Technology degree program in as little as 2 years.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Worship Studies – Worship Technology Degree
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.