Establish Sound Principles for Worship with Our Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership Program
Do you have a passion for leading worship? Liberty’s 100% online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership degree program is a great way for you to gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of worship studies. Learn key elements of worship history and philosophy while staying close to the biblical foundation of worship. You will also uncover how biblical studies, theology, modern techniques, strong leadership, Christian ministry, global culture, evangelism, and pastoral collaboration all impact a worship leader.
You can finish our online master’s degree in worship studies leadership in less than 2 years and apply what you have learned in your local church right away. In our 8-week online format, you can take multiple courses each semester with the flexibility of creating your schedule to best fit your needs.
As a worship leader, people will look to you to set the tone for more than just performance. They need a worship leader with a strong biblical foundation to cast the vision for a unified and God-honoring understanding of worship and how it plays a vital role in the life of a Christian.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership Program?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). This gives you a credible degree that will prepare you for ministry while strengthening your contribution and commitment to your local church through worship.
With our online format, your courses can ignite your passion for studying and going in-depth with biblical worship, without taking time away from your family, ministry, or professional life.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership Program?
Throughout our online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership degree you will find answers to the questions you have about worship so that you can, in turn, equip your ministry team and the church body as a whole in a true understanding of biblical worship. Besides practical application for worship and a biblical foundation, you will be prepared for the dynamics of a corporate setting, intercultural diversity in worship, pastoral collaboration within a leadership team, and tools and techniques to make you aware of the latest methods in worship.
When you graduate from our master’s in worship studies online degree program, you will be refocused and renewed in your pursuit of biblical worship so you can come alongside any local church body and minister more effectively. You will study the history of worship, from Old Testament to modern-day practices, which gives you an opportunity to learn from many strong and God-centered worship leaders that have made a difference in their local churches. As you master biblical principles, models, and practical applications of worship, your perspective and passion will grow, inspiring lasting impact on those you serve.
- WRSP 520 – The Role of the Worship Leader
- WRSP 540 – Current Issues in Worship
- WRSP 545 – Global Worship
- WRSP 645 – The Role of the Pastor with the Worship Leader
Master’s of Worship Studies – Leadership Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Master’s in Worship Studies
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Worship Studies – Leadership Degree
- Church planter
- Music and family minister
- Worship pastor
Master’s of Worship Studies – Leadership Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership degree program in as little as 2 years.
Admission Requirements for Our Online M.A. in Worship Studies
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.