Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Music for Your Master’s Degree?
Liberty’s School of Music offers practical music and ministry skills training through our online master’s degrees.
As one of the largest music schools in the nation, Liberty offers vast resources to help you pursue your musical education. Our faculty members are music and ministry professionals with real-world experience and graduate and doctoral degrees from some of the world’s most prestigious music programs. Liberty has the resources, the reputation, and the academic quality to equip you for successful music ministry!
Our mission is to train and equip musicians to be Champions for Christ. Our music programs are available 100% online, giving you the flexibility, affordability, and quality you need.
Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). And the School of Music is accredited by and a member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
Bring God’s Message to Life with Music
Whether your goal is to bring people closer to God as a worship pastor or teach the next generation the gift of music, you will be well-equipped with a degree from our School of Music.
Our School of Music offers four online master’s degrees, each with its unique mission and goal.
This degree provides an understanding of ethnic music culture that facilitates the use of indigenous music in cross-cultural communication, ministry, and research.
This degree prepares you for a future in advanced, effective music education practice and high-level academic research.
This degree provides musicians and music professionals with a ministry-focused skill set so they can thrive in a wide range of ministry settings. Gain the practical skills you need to help your music and worship ministry grow!
This degree provides biblical and theological training in worship, worship theories, and practical ministry skills for church worship ministry. You will also learn field-specific principles in leadership, church planting, and ethnomusicology.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Master’s Degree from Liberty?
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s degree in music degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The School of Music holds program accreditation through the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Our School of Music is one of the largest music schools in the nation.
Military Benefits for Online Graduate School of Music Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and assist you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times