Enhance your Ability to Counsel Others with Our Master’s in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling Online Degree Program
Do you want to combine your passion for worship and pastoral leadership through counseling in ministry? Our 100% online master’s degree in worship studies with a specialization in pastoral counseling is a degree program that will provide a deeper appreciation and understanding of worship by studying worship history and pilosophy while staying close to the biblical foundation for worship. Through our specialization in pastoral counseling, you will gain keen insights into how psychological and theological concepts relate to each other and how to use that relationship to better the lives of your congregation and ministry leaders.
You can complete your online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling in less than two years and apply what you have learned in your local church and ministry. Through our eight-week online course format, you can take multiple courses each semester with the flexibility of creating a schedule that best fits your needs. As a worship leader and counselor, people will look to you for guidance in their everyday lives. Learn to be the source of comfort and guidance in marriages, family relationships, and critical life turning points.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling Online Program?
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). This accreditation helps to position your degree as one that is well respected within the field of worship leadership. Our specialization in pastoral counseling will allow you to gain skills and knowledge that are unique and useful in your church. Our online format is an added benefit, allowing you to remain active in your family, church, and community while gaining essential experience that will ensure you will be an invaluable member of your ministry.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling?
Throughout our online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling degree, you will be trained in all matters of worship studies so you can impart to your ministry team and congregation a true understanding of biblical worship. Besides training in worship leading, you will also acquire a deeper understanding of spiritual formation and life-changing strategies for both yourself and your congregation.
When you graduate from our Master in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling online degree program, you will have gained an understanding of the theories and skills required to provide pastoral crisis intervention and counseling that will cultivate resiliency and promote spiritual growth. You will pay special attention to the role you will play as a worship leader in your church and how you will interact with the pastor for the growth and health of your congregation. This degree is unique in that you will not only learn how to lead and inspire your church through music, but you will also learn how to foster spiritual growth to help them through hardships they might face in life.
- PACO 509 – Spiritual Formation in Pastoral Counseling
- PACO 603 – Premarital and Marital Counseling
- PACO 604 – Crisis Intervention in Pastoral Counseling
- WRSP 520 – The Role of the Worship Leader
Masters of Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete our online Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling degree program in as little as two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
M.A. Worship Studies- Ethnomusicology Degree Information
- This program is 100% online.
- This program falls under the School of Music.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Music Course Guides (login required).
Master’s Degree in Music and Worship Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Worship Studies – Pastoral Counseling
- Director of worship and drama
- Minister of music
- Worship pastor
- Pastoral counseling
Admission Requirements for Online Master of Arts in Worship Studies
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.