Why Choose a Minor from Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity?
With a minor, you have an opportunity to supplement the knowledge in your core degree to explore a subject for career diversity or personal interest. A minor from the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity can be paired with any degree because it is imperative to understand the functionality of ministry regardless of your workplace.
The great thing about our minors is that you can take 100% of our courses online. You will have the flexibility to remain active in your family, church, and community while studying in the comfort of your home or office.
Cultivate a Deeper Understanding of the Bible with a Minor from the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity
Your minor does not have to be related to your degree, but if it is, that does help to reduce the number of credits you might have to take to graduate. Some minors pair well with any degree, like business or writing, while others are better suited for a specific area of study.
Here are some suggested pairings for minors offered from Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity:
- Apologetics pairs well with the Bachelor of Science in Religion or the Bachelor of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies.
- Biblical studies pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Religion online degree program.
- Christian ministries pairs well with our online bachelor’s degrees in religion, psychology with a specialization in Christian counseling, or social work.
- Evangelism pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Religion.
These are just suggestions based on the degree and courses taken, but you have the option to study whatever minor you choose. If you have any questions about which minor might be right for you, call (800) 424-9595 to speak with an admissions counselor.
How Many Minors Can You Have?
Minors can only be added to bachelor’s degrees and may be used to fill in general electives in your degree plan. You can pursue as many minors as you want, but more than 1 minor will likely add to the overall length of your degree plan beyond the normal 120 credit hour format.
Speak with an academic advisor about adding a minor once you begin your online bachelor’s degree.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Minor from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits, including the following:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our degrees are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
Minor Program Format
- 15 -18 credit hours
- 50% of minors must be completed through Liberty University courses unless otherwise specified*
- Only available to add to an online bachelor’s degree and must be currently enrolled
- More than 1 minor can be pursued but may add to overall program length
*Military students are required to complete at least 1 course in their minor at Liberty.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Opportunity to earn college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)