Become an Effective Educator with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical and Educational Studies – Biblical and Theological Studies
You love working with children and equipping them for success. You are passionate about sharing the Gospel and helping others grasp biblical truth. You want to combine your passion for education and theology into an exciting, rewarding career.
If that sounds like you, Liberty’s online B.S. in Biblical and Educational Studies – Biblical and Theological Studies can help. This program is designed to help meet the growing need for biblically trained teachers in today’s Christian education system. With our bachelor’s in biblical studies, you can pursue work as a non-licensed teacher in private school or homeschool settings.
As a Christian teacher, you’ll have the unique opportunity to teach not just regular school subjects, but also Bible and theology courses. You can help children develop vital life skills and a deeper understanding of the Bible — and, as a Christian university, Liberty can help provide the tools you need to do just that.
What is biblical education?
A biblical education covers more than regular academic knowledge. It involves diligently teaching students about the truth of Scripture, preparing them to lead a godly life, and showing them how a biblical worldview applies to every area of life. As a Christian school teacher, you can help children understand important biblical principles and thrive academically.
What is an education studies degree?
What jobs can an education studies degree lead to?
Our Bachelor of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies can help equip you to teach elementary, middle, or high school in a private school setting. You could also pursue work as an academic advisor, community outreach coordinator, or charter school teacher after earning this degree.
What’s the difference between biblical studies and theology?
Biblical studies involves an in-depth, systematic analysis of the Old and New Testaments. In contrast, theology looks more broadly at the overarching themes and topics of the Bible as a whole. Both of these subjects will be covered in the B.S. in Biblical and Educational Studies.
Why Choose Liberty’s Christian Education Degree Online?
Flexibility | Our bachelor’s degree in Christian education is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. That means you can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you!
High-Quality Academics | Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our bachelor’s in biblical and educational studies is recognized by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). You can be confident that your degree from Liberty has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
Path to Certification | After completing Liberty’s educational and biblical studies degree, you could pursue your ACSI teaching certificate. This is a valuable credential that can help enable you to teach Bible courses in most Christian schools.
Experienced Faculty | Liberty University’s Bible classes and education courses are taught by professors who have years of experience in Christian ministry and academia. With their guidance, you can develop the skills you need to become an effective educator.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Biblical Studies and Education Classes?
Learn how to help children of all ages thrive in the classroom and in their walk with Christ.
In this program, you’ll explore core education topics, including learning theory, educational philosophy, and classroom management. You’ll also develop a portfolio and complete a 300-hour teaching practicum, allowing you to gain valuable on-the-job experience that can help boost your résumé and enhance your skill set.
In addition to honing your teaching abilities, this program provides a mix of religion, Bible, theology, and apologetics courses. These classes can strengthen your understanding of Scripture and help you prepare to teach theological concepts and church history to students of all ages.
Our educational studies major offers training in biblical teaching, curriculum development, and best teaching methods so you can succeed as a Christian school teacher. You can become equipped to develop Bible lessons and teach Scripture in a way that promotes understanding and real-world application.
Highlights of Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Educational Studies Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online biblical and educational studies degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- After completing your bachelor’s in Christian education online degree, you may want to pursue teaching licensure through our Master of Arts in Teaching program.
- Liberty graduates are often sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Most of our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing your online education studies degree.
Military Benefits for the B.S. in Biblical Studies and Education
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can I Do with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies and Education?
Our bachelor’s degree in education studies can help you pursue many careers in education. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Educational ministries director
- Elementary school teacher*
- High school teacher*
- Middle school teacher*
*This program does not lead to initial teacher licensure. These positions would be in private school or homeschool settings that do not require a teaching license.
Bachelor’s in Educational Studies and Biblical and Theological Studies Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty University’s religion education program.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- This program requires a background check and a 300-hour practicum.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Bible and Education Studies
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.