Gain Powerful Insight by Earning our Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical and Educational Studies with a Biblical and Theological Studies Specialization
Liberty University’s Bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Educational Studies – Biblical and Theological Studies is offered as a Christian-based 100% online degree program. Our biblical and educational studies degree is designed to equip students to meet the growing need for theologically trained teachers who will impact the Christian education system.
As a Christian college, Liberty University is continuously striving for further advancements in biblically focused education programs. In our bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Educational Studies – Biblical and Theological Studies, students will be provided with in-depth studies of the Bible from a Christian worldview. This is achieved through courses which focus on the Christian Church and principles of education. Students will be immersed in a curriculum that teaches key principles in education and a theological interpretation of the Bible to help them understand the Old and New Testaments.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Biblical and Educational Studies Degree?
Many students choose Liberty’s online Christian college degree programs because of our affordability, flexibility, low tuition, and our prestigious accreditation through the Southern Association Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, the Bachelor of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies is recognized by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Upon graduation, you will be eligible for an ACSI certificate that will enable you to teach in most Christian schools. This option can fast-track your ability to teach sooner at many private schools, while also providing you with the opportunity to obtain a teaching licensure after earning your bachelor’s degree by applying for and completing our online Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University for the Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical and Educational Studies Online
- Students will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal while pursuing a Biblical Education Studies degree in Biblical and Theological Studies.
- Students are eligible to obtain a teaching certificate from the ACSI.
- Students will be equipped with both theoretical and practical knowledge for real-world application.
- The opportunity to transfer up to 75% of the required hours under this biblical educational studies degree is available for students with previous credit.
What Will You Learn in our Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical and Educational Studies: Biblical and Theological Studies Specialization?
Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Educational Studies is designed to train teachers who can positively impact students in their educational journeys. Through essential classes in Education and Theology, you will gain insight into current issues in the education system such as the viability of creation studies and other current theological issues. The ability to properly read, interpret, and apply the Bible is critical for an effective ministry, and with a Biblical and Theological specialization, you can gain a better understanding of Scripture application — preparing you to minister to your students.
As a Christian leader, you must be able to handle these issues with confidence and intelligence in a career, in your church, and in your local community. With Liberty’s Bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Educational Studies: Biblical and Theological Studies specialization, you can help all ages groups thrive in the classroom and their walk with Christ!
Highlights of Our Biblical and Educational Studies Degree
- Tuition for our online biblical and educational studies degree has not increased in three straight years. While many schools which offer an online education studies degree have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- By earning your Bachelor’s degree in Biblical and Educational Studies – Biblical and Theological Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others.
- Liberty graduates are often are sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Similar Online College Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education – Our Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies focuses on education theory and best practices by examining learning disabilities and adaptation techniques to equip you to enter the field of special education.
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Liberty’s Elementary Education online degree is designed to be a pre-teacher preparation program that will give you the opportunity to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and units.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education – Liberty’s B.S. in Early Childhood Education degree focuses on establishing a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior while evaluating associated methods and interventions such as differentiated learning and direct instruction.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Biblical Studies Career Options
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Educational Ministries Director
Biblical and Educational Studies Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- A background check and 300-hour practicum are required.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.