Lead Your Team to Success with Our Online Master’s in Project Management Degree
As the business world becomes increasingly results- and efficiency-driven, more businesses are developing a project-based approach to achieving their goals. With this movement comes a need for strong organizers, coordinators, communicators, and leaders to pilot these projects and propel an organization towards success. By earning a project management master’s degree online, you can develop the skills you need for a rewarding future in project management.
Liberty University’s online Master of Science (MS) in Project Management degree is a 100% online program designed for students like you, who are committed to making a difference in their workplace.
By earning an MS in Project Management, you can turn your passion for developing innovative and strategic solutions into a thriving career that can make an impact on your organization. And because many different industries require project managers, a master’s in project management online can help open the doors to virtually any industry, including technology, healthcare, engineering, law, marketing, and publishing.
Liberty’s online project management degree can help equip you with vital skills in planning, scheduling, communication, negotiation, and leadership. Take advantage of the high demand for project managers and pursue a project management master’s degree online today!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Project Management Specialists (viewed online April 4, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online MS in Project Management degree has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your online master’s in project management degree in as little as 1.5 years.
Liberty’s Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
What Will You Learn in the Online Masters in Project Management Degree?
Our online master’s in project management degree can help prepare you for many of the situations you’ll face in your career as a project manager. You can explore the integral aspects of business and leadership in project management.
In addition, you can also have the opportunity to learn about the various components of project management and selection, aligning projects with organizational strategy, estimating project costs, and analyzing and managing risk.
Your professors will also emphasize how to implement quality into the project management process for a successful outcome. You will go through an in-depth study that explores high-performance teams, managing team conflict, motivation, and empowerment of the team.
Our master’s in project management online seeks to help you succeed with foundational courses in both business and management designed so you can be better prepared to thrive in project management roles.
With our online project management degree courses, you can learn:
- Business operation concepts, methods, and processes
- Crucial skills in developing and implementing the project plan
- How to align projects with organizational strategy, structure, and culture
- How to diagnose problems in organizational design
- How to evaluate and report project performance
- Leading and managing project teams
- Management principles for international operations
- Project selection and definition
- Risk management concepts
- Supply chain management techniques
- The impact of change on an organization and best practices for organizational change
- Values and principles of agile project management
Online Project Management Degree Featured Courses
- BUSI 504 – Leading Organizational Change
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
- BUSI 682 – Global Project Management
Potential Project Management Career Options
Graduates with an online Master of Science in Project Management degree can have the opportunity to pursue many careers, including some of the following:
- Administrative services manager
- Operations manager
- Project scheduler
- Senior project manager
Frequently Asked Questions for Masters in Project Management Students
As you search for project management degrees, we know that you may have some questions. At Liberty, we want your enrollment — from application through graduation — to be as smooth as possible. Check out some of our frequently asked questions below:
What is project management?
Is a PMP equivalent to a masters in project management?
MS in Project Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Project Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
At Liberty, we want to help you make the most of your prior education by allowing you to transfer in previously earned college credit. That’s why you can transfer in up to 50% of your total credits for a master’s or doctoral program!
Some restrictions apply. Please visit our Transfer Policy page for more information.