Lead Your Team to Success with Our Online Master’s in Project Management Degree
As the business world becomes increasingly results- and efficiency-driven, more businesses are developing a project-based approach to achieving their goals. With this movement comes a need for strong organizers, coordinators, communicators, and leaders to pilot these projects and propel an organization towards success. By earning a project management master’s degree online, you can develop the skills you need for a rewarding future in project management.
Project manager specialists made an average of $84,290 in 2020*
So you can study anywhere, anytime
Complete your degree in as little as 1.5 years
Liberty University’s online Master of Science (MS) in Project Management degree is a 100% online program designed for students like you, who are committed to making a difference in their workplace.
By earning an MS in Project Management, you can turn your passion for developing innovative and strategic solutions into a thriving career that can make an impact on your organization. And because many different industries require project managers, a master’s in project management online can help open the doors to virtually any industry, including technology, healthcare, engineering, law, marketing, and publishing.
Liberty’s online project management degree can help equip you with vital skills in planning, scheduling, communication, negotiation, and leadership. Take advantage of the high demand for project managers and pursue a project management master’s degree online today!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Project Management Specialists (viewed online April 4, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online MS in Project Management degree has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete your online master’s in project management degree in as little as 1.5 years.
Liberty’s Online Master’s in Project Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
What Will You Learn in the Online Masters in Project Management Degree?
Our online master’s in project management degree can help prepare you for many of the situations you’ll face in your career as a project manager. You can explore the integral aspects of business and leadership in project management.
In addition, you can also have the opportunity to learn about the various components of project management and selection, aligning projects with organizational strategy, estimating project costs, and analyzing and managing risk.
Your professors will also emphasize how to implement quality into the project management process for a successful outcome. You will go through an in-depth study that explores high-performance teams, managing team conflict, motivation, and empowerment of the team.
Our master’s in project management online seeks to help you succeed with foundational courses in both business and management designed so you can be better prepared to thrive in project management roles.
With our online project management degree courses, you can learn:
- Business operation concepts, methods, and processes
- Crucial skills in developing and implementing the project plan
- How to align projects with organizational strategy, structure, and culture
- How to diagnose problems in organizational design
- How to evaluate and report project performance
- Leading and managing project teams
- Management principles for international operations
- Project selection and definition
- Risk management concepts
- Supply chain management techniques
- The impact of change on an organization and best practices for organizational change
- Values and principles of agile project management
Online Project Management Degree Featured Courses
- BUSI 504 – Leading Organizational Change
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 650 – Operations Management
- BUSI 682 – Global Project Management
Potential Project Management Career Options
Graduates with an online Master of Science in Project Management degree can have the opportunity to pursue many careers, including some of the following:
- Administrative services manager
- Operations manager
- Project scheduler
- Senior project manager
Frequently Asked Questions for Masters in Project Management Students
As you search for project management degrees, we know that you may have some questions. At Liberty, we want your enrollment — from application through graduation — to be as smooth as possible. Check out some of our frequently asked questions below:
What is project management?
Project management is the integration of resources, people, and processes in order to identify situations that may require oversight or need to be expedited. In our project management program online, you will take a variety of classes including leading project teams, quality management, risk management, and project planning and scheduling.
With an education like this, you can foster elements of decision science and operations research while implementing the people and resources needed to meet deadlines and maintain efficiency.
Whether you are a seasoned veteran in the project management field and desire new opportunities or positions of added responsibility, or you are wanting to make a career change, an online degree in project management can help you take the next step in the project management world.
We certainly think so! We know that return on investment is important as you pursue a project management graduate degree. At Liberty, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
On average, project management specialists made $84,290, in 2020* so you can be confident that earning your project management degree online with Liberty is an endeavor well worth your time.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020 (viewed online April 4, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Is a PMP equivalent to a masters in project management?
A PMP (project management professional) credential, offered by the Project Management Institute, is a designation that is earned by individuals who have exhibited dozens of months of experience leading projects in conjunction with project management training.
By pursuing your masters in project management at Liberty, you can better prepare to pursue your PMP upon graduation.
We believe the best degree for project management is our master’s degree in project management.Through our comprehensive Master of Science in Project Management, you can gain the skills and knowledge to elevate teams and meet objectives within your organization.
When searching for project management programs, we understand the importance of depth of knowledge within the project management field as well as the practical applications that can help serve you and your team.
With a master’s degree in project management from Liberty, you can stand head and shoulders above the competition.
With an MBA in Project Management, you can gain some knowledge in project management while also attaining important generalized business knowledge. With our MS in Project Management, you can gain a higher level of specialized knowledge in the field of project management without taking more generalized business courses.
MS in Project Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Project Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.