Strategize for Success with Liberty’s MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree is designed to help business professionals take their expertise to the next level. You can gain advanced corporate business and executive leadership training with a focus on the efficient delivery of business resources.
What is supply chain management?
Supply chain management is defined as the management of the flow of goods and services. Competent business professionals manage the following complex processes in supply chain management:
- Delivering finished goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption
- Keeping inventory
- Moving and storing raw materials
Businesses in our modern world face challenges with ever-growing complexity. The problem is how to deliver business resources to where they are needed most while maintaining the highest efficiency possible to reduce cost and increase profit margins.
The course content of our logistics and supply chain management degree is designed to build on your existing knowledge and experience in business. This can increase your critical thinking, leadership, and management skills for new opportunities in administrative roles. You can gain important insights into supply logistics in domestic and global business markets. Pursuing your online MBA at Liberty can help equip you with the knowledge and training you need to grow in your current role or explore other areas of business administration.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree?
Our online logistics and supply chain management degree is designed to provide a formal study of methods and techniques for business resource delivery. You’ll dive deep into real-world, evidence-based solutions that can help improve the bottom line for many businesses, including fully digital markets. If you’re in any of the following fields, it’s important to know the best possible methods to make your process efficient:
- Customer service management
- Delivering physical goods
- Warehouse and inventory management
Liberty’s online supply chain management MBA program combines core management and organization training with useful corporate business skills. The logistics and supply chain management specialization for your online MBA degree can help you dramatically enhance how your business operates.
As you pursue your MBA in supply chain management courses, you will be taught by professors with years of experience in the business world. In addition, your professors have terminal degrees in business-related areas of study, so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
What are the Benefits of Pursuing an Online Master’s in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree?
We believe that you shouldn’t have to choose between affordability and flexibility. At Liberty, you can pursue your degree while remaining involved with what’s important to you. At Liberty, our courses are 100% online with no set login times. With the flexibility that Liberty offers, you can complete your degree wherever, whenever.
Business managers may have greater job security because of their role in personnel management, involvement in the day-to-day operations of businesses, and the difficulty in outsourcing management tasks to foreign agents.
Some of the benefits of pursuing an online MBA program in Supply Chain Management include:
- Completing a logistics management online master’s degree demonstrates your willingness to go beyond basic practice, to advanced business theory to solve difficult business problems.
- Our MBA is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
- Our curriculum provides a flexible selection of leadership analysis, management skills, and executive leadership development that can help equip you for the business industry’s leadership challenges.
- Practical and effective logistics management skills can help improve business outcomes for many companies.
- Learn from business professionals with real-world, practical insights in business operations and management.
What Will You Learn in Our Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree?
Completing the MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics online can help you sharpen your understanding of advanced corporate business skills and knowledge. You’ll study a focused selection of logistics management content.
The core courses in your MBA degree contain important business research methods and organizational design and structure courses. This is designed to prepare you for the analysis and management of business organizations. Additionally, the courses that you take in our online supply chain management degree can help you foster important business skills and techniques in subjects like managerial finance and operations management.
What is an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
An online MBA degree in supply chain management is a program that prepares people like you for a variety of business-related operations and processes. Here are some of the concepts you can expect to gain from your online logistics degree:
- An understanding of how to manage products from the manufacturer to the supplier to the shelf
- Preparation for virtually any business field with core courses in subjects like managerial finance, legal issues in business, international business, and global economics
- Specific training in supply chain management and logistics
- BUSI 600 – Business Research Methods
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 615 – Logistics
What can I do with an MBA in Supply Chain Management?
Whether you’re looking for a career change or advancement, a supply chain degree online could be the right step for your future in business. At Liberty, MBA students in our graduate program go on to work for a wide variety of Fortune 500 companies.
You may be someone who wonders how so many essential products land on the shelves at your favorite retail store or grocer. Maybe you even take it a step further and want to be one of the people who make it happen. If so, our online MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management can help provide you with the tools and resources needed to be one of those people.
You’ll receive important training necessary to pursue a variety of vital, behind-the-scenes jobs like:
- Estimate costs for suppliers or retailers
- Start a business that supplies products to local stores
- Work with retailers to reduce theft and other loss prevention issues
- Work with suppliers to get their goods stocked in the right places
In addition to the wide variety of careers you may be more qualified to pursue, you may also have a higher earning potential. For example, logisticians — people who manage the whole process of acquiring a product until it lands on the shelf — have a median yearly salary of $76,270.*
Potential Career Options for Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree Graduates
Once you complete your online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree, you’ll have the core business credential of the MBA. Additionally, the specialized training our logistics degree offers can help equip you for management and executive leadership roles in supply chain and logistics.
After graduating from the supply chain management and logistics area of study for the online MBA degree, you may find more opportunities for new leadership roles. For instance, you may be better equipped for areas like the design and improvement of distribution for many forms of business, nonprofits, and government operations.
Some of the potential job opportunities include:
- Cost estimator
- Industrial production manager
- Loss prevention manager
- Storage and distribution manager
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Logisticians (viewed online Dec.14, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Highlights of Our MBA Online in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- You can gain a balanced exposure to practical business topics in higher-order management and leadership strategies to help you meet management challenges in any industry.
- You can cross-train in many useful areas such as accounting, legal issues, and international business concepts for executive leaders by pursuing an additional cognate. This may help you become flexible enough to tackle unforeseen business challenges.
- Learn how the impact of efficient supply line design can augment your business’s impact on the market and how it can dramatically affect profits.
Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
MBA in Supply Chain Management Online Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.