Strategize for Success with Liberty’s MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree is designed for business professionals to take their expertise to the next level. Students will gain advanced corporate business and executive leadership training with a focus on the efficient delivery of business resources.
What is supply chain management?
Supply chain management is defined as the management of the flow of goods and services. Competent business professionals manage the following complex processes in supply chain management:
- Moving and storing raw materials
- Keeping inventory
- Delivering finished goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption
Businesses in our modern world face challenges with ever-growing complexity. The problem is how to deliver business resources to where they are needed most. However, the highest efficiency possible is required to reduce cost and increase profit margins.
The course content of the online MBA: Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree builds on your existing knowledge and experience in business. This will increase your critical thinking, leadership, and management skills for new opportunities in administrative roles. You will gain important insights into the supply logistics in domestic and global business markets. Our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need to grow in your current role or explore other areas of business administration.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree?
The online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree provides a formalized study of methods and techniques for business resource delivery problems. You’ll learn about real-world, evidence-based solutions to improve the bottom line for any business, including fully digital markets. If you’re in any of the following fields, you’ll need to know the best possible methods to make your process efficient:
- Customer service management
- Warehousing and inventory management
- Delivering physical goods
The online master’s in supply chain management and logistics degree combines core management and organization training with useful corporate business skills. The logistics and supply chain management specialization for the online MBA degree will help you dramatically enhance how your business operates.
What are the benefits of pursuing an online master’s in supply chain management and logistics degree?
The U.S. Department of Labor classifies management with a bright outlook for job growth. Business managers have greater job security because of their role in personnel management, and this profession is not suitable for companies to outsource to foreign markets.*
- Completing a master’s degree demonstrates your willingness to go beyond basic practice to the advanced business theory to solve difficult business problems.
- Our MBA is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
- This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The curriculum provides a flexible selection of leadership analysis, management skills, and executive leadership development that will equip students for their industry’s leadership challenges.
- Practical and effective logistics management skills can help improve business outcomes for nearly any industry.
- Learn from business professionals with real-world, practical insights on business operations and management.
*Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on December 18, 2019.
What Will You Learn in Our Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree?
Completing the MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics online will give you advanced corporate business skills and knowledge. You’ll study a focused selection of logistics management content.
The core courses in your MBA degree contain important business research methods and organizational design and structure courses. This will prepare you for the analysis and management of business organizations. Additionally, it contains useful courses in business disciplines like managerial finance and operations management for added flexibility.
- BUSI 600 – Business Research Methods
- BUSI 610 – Organizational Design and Structure
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 615 – Logistics
What can I do with an MBA in Supply Chain Management?
You may be looking at this degree and wondering what it can actually do for you. So whether you’re looking for a career change or advancement, the Liberty University supply chain management degree online could be the right step for your future in business.
You may be someone who wonders how so many essential products land on the shelves at your favorite retail store or grocer. Maybe you even take it a step further and want to be one of the people who make it happen. If so, an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management will provide you with the tools and resources you’ll need to be one of those people.
You’ll receive the necessary training to do a variety of vital, behind-the-scenes jobs like:
- Start a business that supplies products to local stores
- Work with suppliers to get their goods stocked in the right places
- Estimate costs for suppliers or retailers
- Work with retailers to reduce theft and other loss prevention issues
In addition to the types of careers that may be available to you, you can expect good compensation for your hard work. For example, logisticians — people who manage the whole process of acquiring a product until it lands on the shelf — have a mean yearly salary of $74,600.*
Potential Career Options for Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree Graduates
Once you complete the online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree, you will have the core business credential of the MBA. Additionally, you’ll have the specialized training to equip you for management and executive leadership roles in supply chain and logistics.
After graduating from the supply chain management and logistics area of study for the online MBA degree, you may find more opportunities for increased pay and new leadership roles. For instance, you’ll be equipped for areas like the design and improvement of distribution for many forms of business, nonprofits, and government operations.
Some of the potential job opportunities include:
- Cost estimator
- Industrial production manager
- Loss prevention manager
- Storage and distribution manager
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at May 2018 National Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates United States (viewed online November 5, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Highlights of Our MBA Online in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You will gain a balanced exposure to practical business topics in higher-order management and leadership strategies to help you meet management challenges in any industry.
- You can cross-train in many useful areas such as accounting, legal issues, and international business concepts for executive leaders. This will help you become flexible enough to tackle unforeseen business challenges.
- Learn how the impact of efficient supply line design can augment your business’s impact on the market and how it can dramatically affect profits.
What is an MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
An online MBA degree in supply chain management is a program that prepares people like you for a variety of business-related operations and processes. Here are some of the concepts you can expect to gain from your online logistics degree:
- Preparation for virtually any business field with core courses in subjects like managerial finance, legal issues in business, international business, and global economics
- Specific training in the area of supply chain management and logistics
- An understanding of how to manage products from the manufacturer to the supplier to the shelf
Online MBA in Supply Chain Management and Logistics Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides for more specific information about individual courses (login required).
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
MBA in Supply Chain Management Online Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.