Pursue Our Online MBA in Accounting Degree and Become a Business Leader
Liberty University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in accounting will equip you with the knowledge and training you need in the areas of tax preparation, auditing, accounting theory, and accounting information systems. Build upon your bachelor level training in business with specialized training in financial management, budgeting, global economics, and tax research and jurisprudence. Courses within our MBA will prepare you to serve effectively as a leader in the modern business world, emphasizing the importance of applying ethics to management practices, and integrating faith with academics in a professional atmosphere. You will also study accounting ethics and best practices — skills that are mastered in a team environment and prepare you to be a successful business executive with accounting training.
Why Choose Liberty’s MBA in Accounting?
Our online MBA in accounting degree is an industry leader in online MBA degree programs, taught by business professionals with practical, real-world experience in leadership and accounting settings. Our flexible format, requiring no set log in times for class, allows you to remain active in your job and present with your family.
Our MBA in accounting provides some of the same courses you’d find in our Master of Science in Accounting, but with a focus on advanced business principles. You will learn how smart accounting practices can be applied to your business and how to effectively implement them for the benefit of your organization. If you are hoping to sit for the CPA exam, you should look at our Master of Science in Accounting.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s MBA in Accounting?
Our knowledgeable faculty members will prepare you for leadership positions within the area of accounting by providing advanced training in the following areas:
- Interpreting accounting data to solve problems and challenges for businesses, organizations, and corporations.
- Interpreting the federal tax system and its complexities so that you can guide clients through the process while minimizing liabilities.
- Understand the legal issues that are prevalent in business.
- ACCT 521 – Advanced Cost Accounting
- ACCT 531 – Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 612 – Tax Research & Jurisprudence
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 601 – Accounting for Decision Making
Our MBA in Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
- It is recommended that students without an undergraduate accounting degree take ACCT 403 – Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting to meet the governmental accounting course requirement for the CPA exam.
Highlights of Our MBA in Accounting Program
- By earning your online MBA degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- The MBA in accounting degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- You can complete this MBA in accounting program in as little as 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Online MBA Degree Program Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options with an MBA Degree in Accounting
- Bank officer
- Budget analyst
- Cost accounting
- Internal auditor
- IRS agent
- Managerial accounting
- Certified management accountant
- Certified public accountant
- Tax accountant
- Government accountant
Master of Business Administration Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.