Master of Science in Finance Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. Please Note – Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes with the submission of a transcript request form.
- Mail official college transcripts (sent as a sealed, unopened copy or via a direct electronic transcript system). Requires a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree (an accounting or business degree is preferred) with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution will be assessed on the basis of the master’s-level degree work.
- Please note: students without a business* or accounting degree will be required to take ACCT 211, ACCT 212, BUSI 320, and BMAL 590 (or 27 credit hours of upper-level accounting, business, economics, or information systems courses) as prerequisites to BUSI 532, BUSI 534, BUSI 536, and BUSI 538 after admission to the program.
- *Qualifying business degrees should include content in the following areas:
- Global / International Business
- Operation Management
- Accounting (2 courses)
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your master’s degree after the last day of class for your bachelor’s degree.
- Submit an official/unofficial transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcripts must show a minimum of 105 completed credit hours.
- If you are a current Liberty University student completing your undergraduate degree, you will need to submit a Degree/Certificate Completion Application.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
If you plan to dually enroll in both a bachelor’s and master’s degree program, you must:
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to obtain a dual enrollment application.
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
As a non-Liberty undergraduate student, in addition to completing and submitting an application for admission, you must:
- Contact and speak with our Registrar directly.
- Have your current university’s registrar send Liberty’s Registrar’s Office an official letter to confirm that you are in the last nine hours of your undergraduate degree program.
Unofficial College Transcript Policy
Unofficial transcripts combined with a Transcript Request Form can be used for admission. Official transcripts are required within 60 days of acceptance and will prevent enrollment into future terms until all official transcripts have been received.
Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- Your previous school’s name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- A list of completed courses and earned credit broken down by semester
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Official college transcripts are not required initially for acceptance if unofficial transcripts are provided; however, if the student uses unofficial transcripts to earn acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions decision. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day time frame will prevent registration.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for Questions:
Email for Sending Documents:
Back to Master of Science in Finance