Help People Plan for the Future with Our Online Master’s in Finance Degree
A master’s degree in finance will equip you with skills that can translate directly into management and leadership positions in career tracks like banking, accounting, and tax preparation in private, public and nonprofit organizations. You can complete our online master’s in finance with a general concentration in as little as 3 semesters, and with 8 different start dates per year, there is one beginning soon. A master’s degree in finance can add value to your resume and provide the critical knowledge and training you need in a finance profession.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Master’s in Finance Degree?
We are pleased to offer our master’s degree in finance 100% online, giving you the flexibility you need to complete your college degree on your time and in the comfort of your home. Each course in our online master’s in finance degree is taught from a Christian worldview by seasoned professors who see each student as part of Liberty’s mission of Training Champions for Christ.
Our university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our commitment is to provide the quality education you deserve for success in your career. Our online degree programs are also affordable and flexible, allowing you to gain more experience as quickly as you need it, without putting a financial burden on you.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Master’s in Finance
To create a well-rounded and rewarding educational experience while pursuing a master’s in finance online, Liberty University is continually seeking new advancements and methodologies to improve and promote successful career outcomes.
As a result, you will benefit from:
Increased job opportunities in the vast field of finance.
Experienced professors who have gained mastery of the content from first-hand experiences.
Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes from another accredited college.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Finance Degree – General?
Our online finance master’s degree provides you with the opportunity to tailor your degree with finance-related courses that will equip you for your future career goals. Finance is a field of business that deals with investments, assets and liabilities, and money management. The curriculum in our master’s degree will prepare you for management and administrative roles in finance, as you study the array of specializations in the world of business, economics, and banking.
- ACCT 614 – Estate, Trust, and Gift Taxation
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 535 – Biblical Financial Planning
- BUSI 683 – Money & Capital Markets
Master’s Degree in Finance Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Finish your master’s in finance degree online in as little as 1 year!
- Able to personalize your degree to fit your schedule and needs best.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Business Administration – Our master’s in business administration degree is an industry leader in online MBA programs, taught by business professionals with real-world experience in management and leadership settings. Our MBA is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
- Master of Science in Project Management – Liberty University’s online master’s in project management degree seeks to attract people who understand the importance of finding and creating strategic solutions to achieve desired goals. Throughout this project management degree program, you will pursue advanced studies of planning, scheduling, communication, negotiation, and leadership.
- Master of Science in Accounting – Liberty University’s master’s degree in accounting (also known in the industry as a MACC) is ACBSP accredited and 100% online. Liberty’s MACC online program is designed to prepare you with critical knowledge and skills in business concepts for a successful accounting career. The online accounting master’s degree provides content toward the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam and trains you in the oral and written skills needed for the accounting field, ensuring that you graduate with a well-rounded degree.
Finance Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the graduate course guides. (login required)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with our Online Master’s in Finance
Entering into the field of finance could bring about new and exciting career opportunities. If you choose this career path, following the completion of our online master’s in finance degree, you may have the potential to pursue careers in some of the following areas:
- Financial planner or analyst
- Investment banker
- Private/corporate investment researcher
- Private wealth manager
- Real estate finance
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master’s Degree in Finance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.