Help People Manage Their Money and Future With A Master of Finance
With a master of science in finance (MSF) degree from Liberty University, you can help others practice fiscal responsibility, discover new methods of saving and investing, and understand financial statements in a new way. If you feel the call to invest in the lives of those around you or want to practice due diligence in for-profit and nonprofit companies alike, a finance master’s program may be for you.
Liberty’s MSF degree can help you take the next step in as little as 3 semesters. At Liberty University, you can pursue your MS in finance with the confidence that we will partner with you as you prepare to enter the financial world.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Finance Degree Program?
Liberty’s Master of Science in Finance – General is designed so that you can pursue an online finance degree while tailoring your courses to your interests. This level of flexibility gives you the option to choose from several different finance topics so that you can take classes that are meaningful to you and helpful to the area of finance that you are desiring to pursue.
Liberty is dedicated to providing a quality finance graduate program at an affordable price. All of your courses will be taught by experts in the field of finance with advanced degrees – so they know the nuances of the financial industry first hand. As part of our mission of Training Champions for Christ, our professors are dedicated to your success both spiritually and academically as you navigate through your program.
We know that life gets busy, which is why our courses are 100% online with no set login times. Our courses are designed so that you can study while remaining actively involved with your family, church, and community.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), meaning that your degree has met rigorous education and accrediting standards. You can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Finance Degree – General?
At the beginning of your program, you will take courses in advanced financial statement analysis, investments and derivatives, mergers and acquisitions, and business valuation. After that, you will take courses that cover topics varying from managerial finance to financial modeling. With this flexibility, you can fine-tune your degree to better prepare you to pursue employment in corporate banking, personal finance, or financial planning. As a MSF student, you can customize your degree program by choosing from 8 courses to specialize your course of study.
- ACCT 614 – Estate, Trust, and Gift Taxation
- BUSI 530 – Managerial Finance
- BUSI 535 – Biblical Financial Planning
- BUSI 683 – Money & Capital Markets
Master’s Degree in Finance Program Highlights
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Finish your master’s in finance degree online in as little as 1 year!
- Ability to personalize your degree to fit your schedule and needs best.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Business Administration – Our master’s in business administration degree is an industry leader in online MBA programs, taught by business professionals with real-world experience in management and leadership settings. Our MBA is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without having to take courses on campus.
- Master of Science in Project Management – Liberty University’s online master’s in project management degree is for those who understand the importance of finding and creating strategic solutions to achieve desired goals. Throughout this project management degree program, you can pursue advanced studies of planning, scheduling, communication, negotiation, and leadership.
- Master of Science in Accounting – Liberty University’s master’s degree in accounting (MACC) is ACBSP accredited and 100% online. Liberty’s MACC online program is designed to prepare you with critical knowledge and skills in business concepts for a successful accounting career. The online accounting master’s degree provides content toward the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam and trains you in the oral and written skills needed for the accounting field, ensuring that you graduate with a well-rounded degree.
Online Finance Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Master of Finance Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options With Our Online Master’s in Finance
Entering the field of finance could bring about new and exciting career opportunities. As a graduate of our Master’s in Finance, some of the careers you could pursue include:
- Financial planner or analyst
- Investment banker
- Private/corporate investment researcher
- Private wealth manager
- Real estate finance
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master’s Degree in Finance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.