Combine Your Interest in Business with Your Passion for Planning in Our Online Master’s in Finance – Financial Planning Degree
Preparing for financial security means knowing how to plan for life’s surprises. If working with people, numbers, and strategy interests you, then financial planning might be your program! Use a master’s degree in financial planning to achieve your goal of becoming a financial planner.
Following the market crash of 2008 and the Great Recession, credible financial planners are more valuable than ever. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for personal financial advisors is bright. In fact, 7 percent growth is expected from 2018-2028, and the BLS also notes a master’s degree and certification may improve your chances for advancement in the field.*
Liberty University’s M.S. in Finance — Financial Planning has been approved by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board). This means your degree is reputable and provides the required knowledge and training you’ll need to pursue your Certified Financial Planner certification.
See our financial planning certifications section below for more information!
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Master’s in Finance – Financial Planning Degree?
We are pleased to offer our financial planning degree 100% online. This means you can earn your college degree from the comfort of your home and on your schedule. Additionally, Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can rest assured that your degree will stand out on your résumé and provide the credentials you need to be successful in your field.
Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and to fulfill this mission, each course in our financial planning degree is taught from a Christian worldview by seasoned professors who see each student as part of that mission.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Master’s in Finance
To create a well-rounded and rewarding educational experience while pursuing an M.S. in Finance online, Liberty University is continually seeking new advancements and methodologies to improve and promote successful career outcomes. As a result, you will benefit from:
Increased job opportunities in the vast field of finance.
Experienced professors who have gained mastery of the content from first-hand experiences.
Transfering in up to 50% of your required classes from another accredited college.
Liberty’s M.S. in Finance — Financial Planning online will help you prepare to sit for the CFP and CKA certification exams. Our program provides you with courses that cover the basic skills included in these exams so you can pursue the certifications. Take a look below to see what each certification can do for you.
Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA)
As someone pursuing a financial planning degree from Liberty University, a Christian faith-based organization, you will be qualified to sit for the CKA Program Proctored Exam upon graduation. By receiving this certification, you are ensuring that your employer and clients can have confidence that you are serving them from a financially ethical and biblical worldview.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Our financial planning degree can prepare you to sit for your CFP exam, giving you a distinction among other financial professionals. This certification will show employers and clients that you have a well-rounded understanding of topics in finance, including budgeting, retirement planning, saving for education, managing taxes, insurance coverage, and more.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Finance – Financial Planning Degree?
Master’s degrees in finance, and specifically in financial planning, provide students with the skills they need to save people money, plan for retirement, and protect their wealth. The curriculum in our financial planning master’s degree is relevant and practical, providing training in tax and estate planning, personal investment management, and retirement benefits, to name a few.
We understand that your busy schedule might make you wonder how you’ll fit a master’s degree into the mix. Rest assured that with Liberty, you’ll be receiving a flexible, 100% online education that requires no set login times and offers 8 different start dates throughout the year.
- ACCT 614 – Estate, Trust, and Gift Taxation
- BUSI 532 – Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- BUSI 538 – Investments and Derivatives
- BUSI 686 – Financial Planning
Program Highlights for Our Online Finance Master’s Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Science in Finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online master’s degrees has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your Master of Science in Finance degree online.
- Finish your degree online in as little as 1 year!
- You will be able to personalize your degree to fit your schedule and needs best.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Business Administration – Our Master of Business Administration degree is an industry leader in online MBA programs, taught by business professionals with real-world experience in management and leadership settings. Our MBA is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
- Project Management – Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Project Management seeks to help equip people who understand the importance of finding and creating strategic solutions to achieve desired goals. Throughout this project management degree program, you will be given advanced studies in planning, scheduling, communication, negotiation, and leadership.
- Accounting – Liberty University’s Master of Science in Accounting (also known in the industry as the MACC) is ACBSP accredited and 100% online. Liberty’s MACC online program is designed to prepare you with critical knowledge and skills in business concepts for a successful accounting career. This online accounting master’s degree will provide content toward the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam and train you in the excellent oral and written skills needed for the accounting field, ensuring that you graduate with a well-rounded degree.
Finance Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with Our Online Master’s in Finance – Financial Planning
Following the completion of our online M.S. in Finance – Financial Planning degree, you can seek out opportunities for careers in some of the following roles:
- Financial analyst
- Financial planner
- Private/corporate investment researcher
- Private wealth manager
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master’s Degree in Finance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Personal financial advisors, 2019 (viewed online November 11, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.