Achieve New Heights with a Graduate Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Sports
If you love the outdoors and want to share that passion with others, then Liberty’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Sport is for you! Our program can help provide the foundation you need to advance your career in outdoor education, adventure sports, or outdoor leadership.
Learn how to create dynamic, meaningful adventure experiences for your clients. In this online certificate program, you will study the history and theory behind outdoor adventure sports management. You’ll also learn how to design and oversee adventure education programs, advocate for outdoor recreation organizations, and navigate policies related to conservation and protected areas.
A career in outdoor recreation can help you build lasting relationships with others and show them the beauty of God’s creation. Partner with us and prepare to lead people on life-changing adventures!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Outdoor Recreation Certificate?
Liberty has been a leader in distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We want to help you achieve your career goals and use your skills in service to God and others.
At only 9 credit hours, you can earn this certificate in just 1 semester! Our Graduate Certificate in Outdoor Adventure Sports is an excellent alternative to a full-length master’s degree, allowing you to gain new skills while saving time and money.
If you later decide to further your education, credits from this certificate can transfer seamlessly into our M.S. in Sport Management – Outdoor Adventure Sport degree program. Our outdoor adventure certificate is offered 100% online, so you can complete your coursework from anywhere in the world!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does “outdoor adventure sports” mean?
Why pursue an outdoor adventure certificate?
The demand for recreation workers is projected to grow 10% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.* With Liberty’s online adventure course certificate, you can gain the leadership skills needed to pursue a career in this exciting, growing field!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Recreation Workers (viewed online December 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What can you do with an outdoor adventure sports certificate?
Our program can help equip you for a variety of exciting career paths. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Adventure leader
- Adventure program developer
- Camp director
- Challenge course facilitator
- Outdoor adventure business manager
- Outdoor educator/instructor
- Outdoor sport and recreation manager
- Park ranger
- Recreation guide/director
- Wilderness first responder*
*This role may require additional training or credentials.
What Will You Learn in Our Outdoor Adventure Courses?
Our online outdoor education courses can help you navigate the administrative and management aspects of outdoor recreation. You’ll explore topics like land management, risk management, group dynamics, and community engagement. We offer training from industry experts who are committed to your success.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Analyze and address challenges facing the adventure sports field.
- Build community support for outdoor recreation organizations.
- Create experiential environments that promote the health, safety, and well-being of participants.
- Develop an outdoor education lesson for a chosen population.
- Explain and analyze policies related to wildlands, protected areas, and conservation.
- Navigate the legal aspects of an outdoor adventure sports business.
- SMGT 611 – Foundations of Outdoor Adventure Sport
- SMGT 612 – Outdoor Adventure Programming
- SMGT 613 – Leadership and Administration of Outdoor Adventure Sport
Highlights of Our Outdoor Recreation Courses Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete our outdoor education courses online in just 1 semester!
- Our adventure sports courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
Graduate Outdoor Adventure Sports Online Certificate Information
- This certificate program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our certificate in outdoor leadership graduate program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Certificate in Outdoor Education and Adventure Sports
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Adventure Sports and Outdoor Education Certificate Online
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.