Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences for Your Online EdS Degree?
Are you passionate about serving your community and helping people work through life’s challenges? Do you want to strengthen your counseling ministry or pursue top-level roles in the helping professions? If so, an Education Specialist (EdS) degree from Liberty University may be right for you! Our behavioral sciences EdS programs online are designed to help you blend research, theory, practical application, and biblical truth as you provide counseling services to your community.
Liberty’s online Education Specialist degrees are a great option if you want to continue your studies beyond the master’s level but aren’t looking to complete a full doctorate. If you decide to pursue a doctorate later on, you may be able to transfer your EdS credits into one of Liberty’s corresponding doctoral degrees! Additionally, you can pursue our 100% online EdS programs from the comfort of home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them – so you won’t have to put your life on hold to earn your degree.
At Liberty, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. We don’t just train counseling professionals – we equip passionate, motivated individuals to serve as beacons of light and hope in their communities. Because we recognize the combined importance of mental, emotional, and spiritual health, we’ve designed our behavioral sciences degrees online to provide a holistic approach to human suffering and healing. Partner with us and learn how to serve people of all backgrounds with wisdom, grace, and care.
Please note: The EdS degree is not designed to meet state counseling licensure requirements. If you are interested in a counseling license, please see our Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, or Master of Education in School Counseling.
Available Education Specialist Degree Programs
Education Specialist (EdS) in Community Care and Counseling
Liberty University’s 100% online Education Specialist (EdS) in Community Care and Counseling degree can help equip you to work as an educator, administrator, researcher, supervisor, or consultant in the helping professions. In this program, you’ll study important techniques for counseling people from different walks of life.
You’ll also have the opportunity to select a specialized area of study in a subject you’re passionate about:
- Marriage and Family Counseling – This degree track covers important aspects of premarital, marital, and remarriage counseling as well as counseling and intervention techniques for families and children.
- Pastoral Care and Counseling – With this specialization, you can learn how to combine biblical principles with effective counseling techniques as you help people find lasting peace – both mentally and spiritually.
- Traumatology – The traumatology specialization can help equip you to counsel children, adolescents, adults, and families who have suffered trauma. In this degree track, you’ll study best practices for assessment, testing, and treatment.
Highlights of Earning Your Education Specialist Degree Online from Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your EdS degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our 100% online EdS degree programs are designed to offer you maximum flexibility.
- Our faculty have years of experience working in academia, counseling, human services, mental health, and community care.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Education Specialist Online Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdS courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)