Help Clients Overcome Grief with Liberty’s EdS in Counseling and Community Care – Traumatology
Are you an experienced mental health professional? Perhaps you’ve dedicated your career to helping people, and you’re looking for an advanced credential that can help you serve the people of your community. If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Education Specialist (EdS) in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology may be for you.
At Liberty, we offer a world-class education that can help prepare you to make a lasting difference in the lives of the people you serve. If you aren’t quite ready to pursue a doctoral degree, our EdS program allows you to earn a doctoral-level credential in a much shorter time frame. If you later decide to get your doctorate, you can potentially transfer up to 27 credit hours of your EdS studies into a corresponding EdD in Community Care and Counseling at Liberty.
Earning your EdS in counseling and trauma at Liberty is an investment that can pay dividends for years to come. Don’t put reaching the pinnacle of your profession on hold any longer — partner with us and take your career to new heights.
Please note: This EdS degree is not designed to meet state counseling licensure requirements. If you are interested in a state counseling license, please see our Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, or Master of Education in School Counseling.
Why Choose Liberty’s EdS in Counseling and Traumatology Program?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty understands what you’re looking for in an online degree program. You expect excellent academics, but you also have personal commitments that will continue throughout the duration of your studies. You’ve spent your career serving others, now partner with a university that will serve you.
This online EdS program can help prepare you to come alongside people facing difficult challenges. Our EdS in trauma studies program online is designed to build on your previous experience and equip you with an advanced knowledge of how to best assist victims of trauma. As a student at Liberty, you’ll also benefit from expert professors with years of experience who have a vested interest in your success.
Earning an EdS in trauma counseling online at Liberty means you won’t just learn from a textbook – you’ll study under instructors who have a passion for helping you reach your career goals. You’ll have the support and expertise of qualified instructors at your disposal throughout your entire postgraduate program.
Our traumatology EdS program is offered 100% online in 8-week sections with no set login times. That way, you won’t have to relocate to pursue your goal of earning an advanced credential. This program allows you to remain committed to the things that matter most — like your job, family, and community — while you work towards your academic goals.
What Will You Learn in Our EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology?
Our EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology program is comprised of 2 sections: core counseling courses and traumatology courses.
In the community care and counseling section of this degree, you will study issues and trends in community counseling, advanced group counseling techniques, and applied counseling theories. You will also study teaching and learning as well as advanced research methodology.
The traumatology specialization covers adolescent trauma research design. In addition, this section of our EdS in trauma online explores adult and family trauma, disaster mental health and community response, assessment and testing in the treatment of trauma, and empirically supported treatments for trauma. We have designed each of these courses to challenge you to think critically, grasp new concepts, and confidently pursue positions of added responsibility upon completion of the program.
- TRMA 810 – Adult and Familial Trauma
- TRMA 820 – Disaster Mental Health and Community Response
- TRMA 830 – Assessment and Testing in the Treatment of Trauma
- TRMA 840 – Empirically Supported Treatments for Trauma
Highlights of Our EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- In this program, you will study under passionate, knowledgeable professors with years of experience.
- You can complete our EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology in as little as 1 year.
EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Our Education Specialist Degree’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for EdS courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Church counselor
- Counseling educator
- Group therapist
- Mental health counselor
- Trauma therapist
Note: Some of the above career options may require some form of licensure. Liberty’s EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology is a non-licensure program.
Admission Requirements for the EdS in Community Care and Counseling – Traumatology
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.