Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
Today you have the opportunity to make an important decision that could significantly improve your career, impact the lives of others, and influence your capacity to shape the future of professional counseling. By choosing to earn your Master of Arts in Professional Counseling you can set that opportunity in motion.
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Professional Counseling is a 60-hour graduate level program designed to prepare you for licensure as a Professional Counselor (LPC). The faculty provide quality professional training from a faith-based perspective. Our mission is to produce ethically and spiritually aware mental health counselors who possess the knowledge, values, skills, and personal disposition to promote the mental health and holistic wellness of clients across diverse populations. Our mission is achieved in significant measure through offering rigorous academic programs, dynamic interaction with mentors and faculty, and carefully structured practica and internships.
For more information on Intensives, please click here.
- $540 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
Program Delivery Format
- 60 total hours
- or 15 credit hours can be transferred in to each respective program
Internship & Practicum
- A 3 credit hour internship is a required part of the 60 hour M.A. in Professional Counseling programs.
- A 3 credit hour practicum is required for the 60 hour M.A. in Professional Counseling programs.
- The M.A. in Professional Counseling program may lead to licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in most states.
Potential Career Options
- Mental Health Agency
- Counseling Center
- Private Practice
- Hospital Program
- Other Public or Private Facility
- Ministry-related Counseling
Want to learn more?
Read an independent endorsement of Liberty University's online master's degrees in counseling at WorldWideLearn.com, a trusted directory of online degree programs. Liberty University is a featured education partner of WorldWideLearn.com.