Undergraduate Certificate Programs Admissions Requirements
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9595 to apply to an undergraduate certificate program with an Admissions Counselor.
There is no upfront application fee, however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies) from all accredited colleges attended. We can assist you in requesting these items if you submit a transcript request form.
- Electronic official transcripts can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing.
- A High School Self-Certification form confirming that you have earned a standard or advanced high school diploma or its equivalent. Please note: You will first need to claim your Liberty Account.
If you are an International Applicant…
You may be required to have your international transcripts reviewed. Information regarding the transcript evaluation process for international students can be found by visiting NACES.
Liberty University offers general admission to its undergraduate programs to students who achieve one of the following scores on a standardized test of English Proficiency:
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test or iBT): 61
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.0
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 51
- International Test of English Proficiency Academic Plus (iTEO): 3.6
- Students must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing.
- For military-specific admissions guidance, please visit the Military Admissions Guide.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
If the student uses unofficial transcripts to earn acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions date or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day period will prevent registration.