Online Graduate and Postgraduate Admission Requirements
As an accredited online Christian university, Liberty provides a wide selection of online graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. At Liberty University, our graduate admission process is made up of general requirements. And individual degree programs add their specific requirements. Below, you can view the general admission requirements and then find the link to your desired program’s specific admission requirements page.
Both graduate and postgraduate programs will require official versions of your transcripts. However, university graduate admissions may be completed for most online master’s degree programs with unofficial transcripts if official transcripts are provided within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever occurs first. A student will not be permitted to enroll beyond his or her first semester until official transcripts are received.
General Graduate Admission Requirements
- All graduate programs require official transcripts showing a conferred, accredited bachelor’s degree.
- If you also submit a Transcript Request Form, you may submit an unofficial copy of your undergraduate transcripts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (888) 301-3577 for review by our Online Programs Admissions Office.
- You may be able to be accepted into a master’s degree online program with your unofficial transcript while we wait for the official transcript to be received. Unfortunately, unofficial transcripts cannot be accepted for our online certificate programs or doctoral and postgraduate programs.
- Unofficial College Transcript Policy
- An unofficial copy of the college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site, or an opened copy that you may have in your possession.
- Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include your previous school’s name or logo printed on the document, your cumulative GPA, a list of completed courses and earned credit broken down by semester, and the degree and date it was conferred (if applicable).
- Official College Transcript Policy
- An acceptable physically mailed official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
- Electronic official transcripts can be accepted if sent directly from the previous institution through a secure electronic transcript system. If an official Liberty email is required, students should use email@example.com.
- Official college transcripts are not required initially for acceptance if unofficial transcripts are provided; however, if the student uses unofficial transcripts to gain acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admission decision. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day time frame will prevent registration.
Please note that for several of Liberty University’s master’s programs, additional documents may be required:
- Admission requirements for graduate programs may include professional recommendation forms, Statement of Purpose short essays, online questionnaires, and other department-specific documents. See the specific program requirements on each program’s admission requirements page for more details.
- Rarely, graduate admission requirements may include specific bachelor’s degree types. More often, specialized online master’s degrees will require that you demonstrate specific prerequisite course content as admission requirements.
Online Graduate-level Programs
Including online master’s degrees with no GRE required!
For degree-specific admission requirements for graduate programs, find your intended program on the online master’s degrees page.
Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs
Online Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs
For degree-specific admissions requirements for online postgraduate and doctoral degrees, find your intended program on the online doctoral degrees page.
Our online postgraduate and doctoral degrees are considered the same academic level. All online postgraduate and doctoral degrees will require that you submit an official copy of your master’s degree, and many programs will require a specific type of master’s degree in order to be eligible for admission. The admission requirements for online postgraduate degrees and online doctoral degrees will vary depending on school-specific accreditation requirements, competitiveness of the program, and many other factors.
As with requirements for graduate admissions, several online postgraduate and doctoral degrees have additional documents required such as a Professional Vita, Statement of Purpose essay, online questionnaire, or, in rare cases, standardized testing such as the G.R.E or M.A.T. exam.
You may be required to have your international transcripts reviewed. Information regarding the transcript evaluation process for international students can be found by visiting NACES.
Liberty University offers general admission to its graduate programs to students who achieve one of the following minimum scores on a standardized test of English Proficiency:
- Duolingo English test score: 105
- TOEFL Essentials test: 8.5
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test or iBT): 80
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5
- International Test of English Proficiency Academic Plus (iTEP): 3.9
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Liberty University recommends that you speak with an admissions counselor to walk you through your program’s specific admission requirements. You can reach an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596 or chat live!