Reshape the Healthcare Industry with a Master’s Degree in Nursing Informatics
As a nurse, you see the hurt in the world. You’re passionate about bringing healing through your service. You recognize the profound power technology has in the healthcare industry today and how it can be harnessed to:
- Make care more efficient
- Increase the effectiveness of communication
- Protect the privacy of your patients
You can drive change in the healthcare industry and be a faithful servant to the hurting. With Liberty’s master’s in nursing informatics online, you’ll be equipped to do that.
Gain Practical, Relevant Skills
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing Informatics program will provide you with the training you need. You’ll design nursing informatics solutions to reach community needs, resolve healthcare issues, and improve outcomes in the healthcare setting.
Nursing professionals will learn how to collaborate with key stakeholders in the healthcare setting. You’ll be able to create strategies for informatics solutions while synthesizing data, information, and evidence. You’ll even learn how to create a culture of safety and quality based on legal, ethical, and regulatory compliance.
With Liberty’s master’s degree in nursing informatics, your service to others will make an impact. Use your calling to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world.
Why Choose Liberty’s Nurse Informatics Program?
Our master’s degree in nursing informatics is:
- An industry leader in MSN informatics programs
- Taught by nursing professionals with real-world experience
- Ranked by GuideToOnlineSchools.com in their 2019 list of Most Affordable Accredited Online Colleges
Liberty’s online MSN program is tailored to meet all your educational needs through:
- Strong academics
- A dedicated faculty
- Our flexible, online format
- Our commitment to a Christian worldview
You will be equipped with an understanding of epidemiology, healthcare informatics, information systems, and integrated technologies. This knowledge will prepare you to be an innovator in the healthcare industry.
Earn Your Degree Quickly
Our 42-hour MSN in Nursing Informatics takes an average of 2 years to complete. This will make it easy to fit into your current schedule. And, you’ll still receive the crucial skills you need to advance your career and better serve others.
100% Online Format
Our online nursing informatics program is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, family, and community. This means you won’t have to worry about taking courses on campus.
1-Year MSN Accelerated Track
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers an accelerated schedule. This will help you reach your goal of earning your MSN in informatics online faster than ever.
Call us today to find out how you will be able to earn your Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Informatics degree online in just 1 year.
What Will You Learn in the MSN in Nursing Informatics?
Liberty University’s MSN — Nursing Informatics program is based on the following curriculum guidelines:
- The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Integrate research and scholarship into advanced nursing practice
- Promote culturally competent population healthcare
- Utilize integrative healthcare technologies
- Create processes that promote better patient care
- Demonstrate leadership in professional settings
- Collaborate with professional team members to support best practices in nursing
Featured Courses in the MSN in Nursing Informatics
What can you do with a master’s in nursing informatics?
Throughout your degree, you’ll master a variety of new learning outcomes. Then, you can take these accomplishments and apply them to current and future positions in the world of nursing informatics.
By completing this MSN degree, you will learn a variety of new skills and improve upon your current knowledge. Strengthen your leadership skills so you can influence healthcare policy. Grow in your knowledge of finance and resource management. Become fluent in statistical literacy, reasoning, and methods. With our MSN in Nursing Informatics, you can accomplish each of these things and more.
Throughout your online MSN program, you will also:
- Analyze health behaviors of different demographics and apply this knowledge to healthcare processes
- Get exposed to evolving technologies and issues in the healthcare industry and their effect on nursing practice
- Study human population patterns of disease and injury and its application to the control of health problems
- Understand how to use data science for making good decisions in the healthcare industry
- Complete a capstone project where you’ll identify a problem or need in professional practice, perform a community assessment, and address the need
Nurse Informatics Degree Career Options
With our MSN in informatics, you will be prepared for a variety of master’s in nursing informatics jobs, including:
- Nurse informatics specialist
- Clinical analyst
- Project manager
- Nurse programmer
- Nurse representative
- Clinical informatics coordinator
- Director of clinical informatics
How Much Does an Informatics Nurse Make?
With your new degree and nursing specialization, you can expect a variety of benefits. That includes a financial boost. A master’s in nursing informatics salary is approximately $100,717.*
*USF Health, at Nurse informatics specialist: job description and salary information (viewed online September 13, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual salary.
Master’s in Nursing Informatics Online Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com. We’re also ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s degree in nursing informatics from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Students can complete this MSN Nursing Informatics program in 2 years or less.
- Liberty’s MSN in informatics is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Nursing Informatics Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- You may download and review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
- View the Graduate Nursing Course Guides (login required).
- A background check will be conducted every 6 months until the online master’s in nursing is completed.
- NURS 210 and MATH 201 are undergraduate prerequisites.
Prospective students should contact their state’s Department of Education or Board of Nursing to verify access to practicum sites while enrolled in an out-of-state online program (some states may reserve clinical sites for in-state residential students.) Most MSN courses are offered in an 8-week format year-round.
Liberty University Online State Approval Disclosures
Students residing in Maryland or Washington are currently unable to complete their practicum in the state of Maryland or Washington. However, it is possible for Maryland or Washington students to complete their practicum in neighboring states. Please contact the School of Nursing for more information.
Students must hold a current and active RN license within the United States.
You can view the School of Nursing’s Non-discrimination Statement for more information about how Liberty University meets state and federal requirements to ensure fairness and reasonable accommodations.
Bridge Courses for Non-BSN Students
Currently, students who hold an RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing must complete the following Bachelor of Science in Nursing bridge courses during their first year in the MSN program:
- NURS 225: Research in Nursing
- NURS 440: Strategies for Community Health
- NURS 489: Leadership/Management in Nursing
- NURS 445: Population Health
- NURS 491: Nursing Management
- An introductory statistics course (math preferred) and an undergraduate course in health assessment.
These prerequisites are not required before admission but are prerequisites for graduate courses. Refer to your individual program Degree Completion Plan (DCP).
MSN Nursing Informatics Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
Washington State applicants, please speak with an admissions counselor to determine if your chosen program is approved for WA.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- 1 recommender’s contact information
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Statement of Essential Attributes
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
Nurses educated outside of the United States must submit additional documentation in order to be considered for admission. Please see the MSN admissions page for additional information.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
CCNE Accreditation for Our MSN Degree
The master’s degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc. should be addressed directly to Liberty University.