Protect Patient Data with a Master’s Degree in Nursing Informatics
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing Informatics program will provide you with the training you need to design nursing informatics solutions to reach community needs, resolve healthcare issues, and improve outcomes in the healthcare setting. Nursing professionals will learn how to collaborate with key stakeholders in the healthcare setting to create strategies for informatics solutions while synthesizing data, information, and evidence to create a culture of safety and quality based on legal, ethical, and regulatory compliance.
Why Choose Liberty’s Nurse Informatics Program?
Our nursing informatics program is an industry leader in MSN Nursing programs, taught by nursing professionals with real-world experience and ranked by GuideToOnlineSchools.com in their 2018 list of Top Online Colleges for Value and Affordability. Graduates are equipped with an understanding of epidemiology, healthcare informatics, and information systems, and integrated technologies.
1-Year MSN Accelerated Track
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers an accelerated schedule that helps you reach your goal of earning your MSN online faster than ever. Call us today to find out how in 12 months you will be able to earn your Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Informatics degree online.
What Will You Learn in the MSN in Nursing Informatics?
Liberty University’s MSN Nursing Informatics program is based on the curriculum guidelines set forth by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Graduates will integrate research and scholarship into advanced nursing practice, promote culturally competent population healthcare, utilize integrative healthcare technologies, demonstrate leadership in professional settings, and collaborate with members of inter-professional teams to support best practices in nursing.
- By earning your online nursing informatics degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete this MSN Nursing Informatics program in as little as two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Nursing / Master of Business Administration (M.S.N./M.B.A.) – Dual Degree
- Master of Science in Nursing / Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (M.S.N./M.S.H.A.) – Dual Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs: Post Licensure and Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Administration (B.S.N. to M.S.N)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs: Post Licensure and Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator (B.S.N. to M.S.N.)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for RNs: Post Licensure and Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Informatics (B.S.N. to M.S.N.)
Nursing Informatics Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- You may download and review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- A background check will be conducted every 6 months until the Online Masters in Nursing is completed.
- NURS 210 and MATH 201 are undergraduate prerequisites
Additional Program Information
Prospective students should contact their state’s Department of Education or Board of Nursing to verify access to practicum sites while enrolled in an out-of-state online program (some states may reserve clinical sites for in-state residential students.) Most MSN courses are offered in an eight-week format year-round.
Liberty University Online State Approval Disclosure
Students residing in Maryland or Washington are currently unable to complete their practicum in the state of Maryland or Washington. However, it is possible for Maryland or Washington students to complete their practicum in neighboring states. Please contact the School of Nursing for more information.
Students must hold a current and active RN license within the United States.
Bridge Courses for Non-BSN Students
Currently, students who hold an RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing must complete the following Bachelor of Science in Nursing bridge courses during their first year in the MSN program:
- NURS 225: Research in Nursing
- NURS 440: Strategies for Community Health
- NURS 489: Leadership/Management in Nursing
- NURS 445: Population Health
- NURS 491: Nursing Management
An introductory statistics course (math preferred) and an undergraduate course in health assessment. These prerequisites are not required before admission but are prerequisites for graduate courses. Refer to your individual program Degree Completion Plan (DCP).
MSN Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options
- Project Manager
- Nurse Programmer
- Nurse Representative
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
Washington State Applicants – Please speak with an Admissions Counselor to determine if your chosen program is approved for WA.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- 1 Recommender’s Contact Information/Recommendation Form
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Statement of Essential Attributes
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
Nurses educated outside of the United States must submit additional documentation in order to be considered for admission. Please see the MSN admissions page for additional information.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN Degree CCNE Accreditation
The master’s degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.