Influence Policy with Our Master’s in Nursing – Health Policy Degree
Are you interested in using your nursing background and experience to positively influence healthcare policy at the local, state, or national level? Liberty University’s master’s degree in nursing with a specialization in health policy will give you the opportunity to utilize your nursing license in a way that will impact health policy and improve the lives of others.
Through our MSN in Health Policy, you will gain the knowledge you need to work with leaders and government officials to improve healthcare in your community and across the nation. An MSN in Health Policy can advance your career and place you in a position to advocate for patients at top decision-making levels.
Why Choose Liberty’s MSN Health Policy Program?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, you can pursue our MSN degree with the confidence that you will learn about healthcare policy from a biblical perspective. Your professors will provide not only instruction from a biblical worldview but also real-world training and knowledge from their own experiences in the healthcare and nursing fields. As a Liberty graduate with an MSN degree, you will be equipped with an understanding of how to use nursing’s powerful voice to work with leaders and create positive change in healthcare policy.
At Liberty University, we put value in providing a quality education that fits your scheduling needs. With our flexible 8-week course formats, you can keep up with the demands of your nursing career and family responsibilities, while enhancing your knowledge and training. Additionally, our professors instruct from a Christian worldview, which means our nursing professors see you as an individual fulfilling God’s calling for your life, not a number.
What Will You Learn in Our MSN – Health Policy Program?
Liberty University’s online master’s degree in nursing with a specialization in health policy will allow you to expand your current knowledge of nursing practices and apply critical thinking skills to the healthcare issues that our communities face on a daily basis. You will learn how to analyze healthcare laws, regulations, and policies, as well as devise strategies to advocate for policy change and plan and implement new policies in health.
Our MSN in Health Policy provides relevant cross training in nursing, government, and business that will allow you to use your skills to bring positive change to your community and communities around the globe. The practicum in this degree will give you practical experience interacting with executive management, leadership, and policy-making processes and activities.
MSN – Health Policy Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- You may download and review the M.S.N. Student Handbook (login required).
- View the graduate course guides (login required).
- A background check will be conducted every six months until the online Masters in Nursing is completed.
- NURS 210 and MATH 201 are undergraduate prerequisites.
Additional Program Information
Prospective students should contact their state’s Department of Education or Board of Nursing to verify access to practicum sites while enrolled in an out-of-state online program (some states may reserve clinical sites for in-state residential students.) Most MSN/MSHA courses are offered in an eight-week format year-round.
Liberty University Online State Approval Disclosure
Students residing in Maryland are currently unable to complete their practicum in the state of Maryland. However, it is possible for Maryland students to complete their practicum in neighboring states, such as Virginia or Delaware. Please contact the School of Nursing for more information.
Students must hold a current and active RN license within the United States.
Bridge Courses for Non-BSN Students
Currently, students who hold an RN license and a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing must complete the following Bachelor of Science in Nursing bridge courses during their first year in the MSN program:
- NURS 225: Research in Nursing
- NURS 440: Strategies for Community Health
- NURS 489: Leadership/Management in Nursing
- NURS 445: Population Health
- NURS 491: Nursing Management
An introductory statistics course (math preferred), undergraduate course in health assessment, and 27 hours of undergraduate business credit are required; 15 of these hours must be 300-400 level credit. These prerequisites are not required before admission but are prerequisites for graduate courses. Refer to your individual program Degree Completion Plan (DCP).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an MSN Degree in Health Policy
- Health Services Research Analyst
- Legislative Analyst/Assistant
- Healthcare Provider Associate
- Elected Official
- Lobbying Arm of Professional Organization
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA, for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
Washington State Applicants – Please speak with an Admissions Counselor to determine if your chosen program is approved for WA.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing practice as a registered nurse
- 1 Recommender’s Contact Information/Recommendation Form
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Statement of Essential Attributes
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
Nurses educated outside of the United States must submit additional documentation to be considered for admission. Please see the MSN admissions page for additional information.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
MSN Degree CCNE Accreditation
The master’s degree program in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
For questions about the accreditation of Liberty University, please contact:
Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Ln.
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Inquiries about the institution itself, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Liberty University.
MSN Program Benefits
- By earning your online master’s degree in nursing – health policy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our MSN – Health Policy program in as little as two years.