Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Nursing for Your Online Bachelor’s Degree?
Nursing practice requires a high level of education and training to succeed in the field. At Liberty University, you can get advanced training to further your career and provide better care for your patients!
Liberty’s nursing school has designed programs to help registered nurses grow in their careers and become Champions for Christ in their fields. Liberty strives to produce well-rounded nurses who represent the best of Christian service in their calling to help people. Study nursing at Liberty University and grow in your professional skills – and your integrity.
With Liberty University, being a busy professional doesn’t mean you have to give up furthering your career. Our RN to BSN program is 100% online, allowing you to work and devote time to your family and community while you earn your degree.
We offer many online options, including an accelerated RN to BSN to MSN track and a global studies option. These programs are 100% online, and you can choose to take intensives for advanced hands-on training. If you are looking for a flexible and affordable track to advanced nursing training, Liberty has the program for you!
How many years is a BSN degree?
If you already have your RN license, you will transfer in a minimum of 39 credits to one of our BSN programs. This means you can earn one of our BSN degrees in just 2.5 years on average.
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
What is the difference between a BSN and an RN?
RN stands for registered nurse, and you can become an RN with a program that leads to licensure in your state. In most cases, the minimum requirement is an associate degree.
BSN means Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and there are some BSN programs that lead to licensure.* However, many BSN degrees are designed to provide professional development and career advancement for current RNs.
*Consider our residential BSN program if you are interested in earning an RN license.
What is the yearly salary for an RN?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree earn a median annual salary of $73,300.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Registered Nurses (viewed online September 4, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Which RN to BSN online program is the best?
The best online RN to BSN program will depend on your needs as a student and professional. What are you looking for in your program? Knowing the answer to this question will help you choose the school that’s right for you.
We believe Liberty stands out, and here are some reasons why:
- Liberty’s School of Nursing is accredited by CCNE, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Accreditation.
- Our RN to BSN degrees are offered 100% online. You can continue dedicating time to your career and family while earning your degree.
- Each of our nursing professors has real-life experience in the field. They are eager to pass on their nursing expertise to you.
Available Online BSN Degrees
Liberty University’s online nursing programs are available 100% online. Our RN to BSN and RN to MSN programs can help you turn your nursing training and experience into a well-respected bachelor’s degree.
With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of transfer credit with no challenge tests so you can finish your degree faster! Liberty University’s nursing tuition rate is just $330 per credit hour for part- and full-time students.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Do you already have your RN license and want to earn a bachelor’s degree? Liberty University’s RN to BSN online can give you the training you need!
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) – Global Studies
Have you always wanted to help people around the world? Liberty offers an online RN to BSN program that specializes in global studies. Complete a well-respected online BSN program while preparing for global health and missions work.
RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program
If you’re a registered nurse and want to complete a bachelor’s and master’s degree quickly, consider our RN to BSN to MSN program. Liberty University’s RN to MSN online is an accelerated track that will allow you to complete your bachelor’s and master’s in less time than ever. You can gain an advanced degree in community health, health policy, nursing education, nursing administration, or nursing informatics with the 100% online RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Nursing Programs
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty’s School of Nursing programs are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
- Liberty’s online nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. Liberty’s RN to BSN online has a reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour full-time and part-time.
- Liberty University’s School of Nursing is a proud member of Sigma Theta Tau’s International Honor Society of Nursing’s Psi Delta chapter.
- You have the opportunity to pursue dual nursing degrees at the master’s level. Speak with an admissions counselor for more information by calling (800) 424-9595!
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Nursing Online Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training