Gain a Competitive Edge with a Liberty University’s Pre-Law Degree Online
One of the most important jobs is being a lawyer. These professionals can help people navigate the legal aspect of some of life’s most difficult moments. Lawyers can help deserving parents win custody cases, bring criminals to justice, or defend the wrongfully accused. They are an integral part of upholding the integrity of society and the criminal justice system in the United States.
If you are interested in becoming one of the individuals who makes a difference for people during stressful circumstances, then an online law degree may be the program for you. Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Law and Policy – Pre-Law program can provide you with the foundation you’ll need to start working as a legal aide or go on to law school.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does law school accept online degrees?
Law schools do accept students who have completed online undergraduate law degree programs, but you have to be careful to choose a school that is accredited and respected. Liberty University’s law school online can help.
Because Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), you can rest assured that your curriculum has met rigorous academic standards. Your degree will be well-respected among employers and law schools.
What do lawyers major in before law?
For their bachelor’s degree, lawyers will often major in subjects like political science, law and policy, or criminal justice. At Liberty University, we offer our online pre-law bachelor’s degree to help you learn all the foundational concepts you’ll need to know in order to be successful in law school.
What is the best undergraduate degree for law school?
The best program depends on your needs as a student. At Liberty, we offer a 100% online pre-law program to help you earn your degree and meet requirements for law school while still maintaining your other commitments. Your online pre-law studies will be taught by lawyers, judges, and other law professionals with real-life experience in the field. You will be given the time, attention, and knowledge needed to succeed in your education and ultimately your career.
Can you get an accredited law degree online?
There are several bachelor’s degrees in law and other related fields offered online from accredited institutions to meet your needs as a student. We believe that we offer one of the best online pre-law degrees here at Liberty University. Our program is 100% online, taught by caring and experienced professionals, and meets rigorous academic standards to maintain our institutional accreditation with SACSCOC.
What is the best online law school?
Many online pre-law degree programs are available to help meet the needs of future lawyers. Liberty’s pre-law online program is one of them, and we believe our degree stands out.
- Flexibility – because it’s important that you can pursue your program 100% online and at your own pace so you can maintain your current responsibilities
- Personalization – because we value the time and effort you’re putting into your program, and we are committed to mentoring you throughout your degree
- Integrity – because we believe that incorporating Christian values throughout our curriculum will help you develop as an ethical leader in your field
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Law and Policy – Pre-Law Degree Online?
Understanding law practice is essential to understanding public policy. Liberty’s online pre-law degree is taught through the lens of a biblical worldview to help you grow both professionally and spiritually. Our online government classes will equip you with advanced training in the core areas of law and help you think ethically about your decisions so you can prepare to make a positive impact in your community and beyond.
When you choose Liberty University for your online pre-law degree, you can be confident that our classes are preparing you for a rewarding career and a successful future!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Pre-Law Degree?
Liberty’s online pre-law degree was designed from the input and expertise of attorneys and law professors from the Liberty University School of Law. After completing core competency courses in English, math, information literacy, and electives in social sciences or philosophy, online students will move into their core courses within the pre-law degree. These core courses provide training and knowledge in the areas of legal ethics, American constitutional history and law, criminal law, jurisprudence, legal research and writing, and advanced logic and legal reasoning.
Our online pre-law degree seeks to prepare students for law school by focusing on key law factors. With this unique curriculum, our online pre-law degree prepares students to think like law students, introduces them to critical thinking concepts, and prepares them to sit for the LSAT.
- CJUS 410 – Constitutional Criminal Procedure
- GOVT 280 – Undergraduate Torts
- GOVT 345 – Jurisprudence
- GOVT 406 – Property
Highlights of Liberty’s Pre-Law Bachelor’s Degree Online
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have increased job opportunities after completing your bachelor’s in law and policy online degree.
- Gain the knowledge and training you need to prepare for the LSAT.
Liberty University’s Online Pre-Law Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Pre-Law Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Pre-Law Online Degree?
After completing Liberty’s bachelor’s in law and policy – pre-law, students will be equipped to serve as:
- Legal assistants
- Legislative analysts
- Public administrators
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Pre-Law Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.