Gain a Competitive Edge with a Bachelor’s in Law and Policy – Pre-Law Degree Online
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Law and Policy: Pre-Law is designed to provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead in the complex field of law with excellence and integrity. Our online pre-law degree program features classes taught by professors with real-world experience in the field aimed at sharpening analytical and critical thinking skills.
Combined with a core study of English, math, history, philosophy, and other humanities, our 100% online B.S. in Pre-Law degree will give you the foundation you need to excel in law school without disrupting your lifestyle.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Law and Policy – Pre-Law Degree Online?
Understanding law practice is essential to understanding public policy. Liberty’s online pre-law degree is taught through the lens of a biblical worldview to help you grow both professionally and spiritually. Our online government classes will equip you with advanced training in the core areas of law and help you think ethically about your decisions so you can prepare to make a positive impact in your community and throughout the world. When you choose Liberty University for your online pre-law degree, you can be confident that our classes are preparing you for a rewarding career and a successful future!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Pre-Law Degree?
Liberty’s online pre-law degree was designed from the input and expertise of attorneys and law professors from the Liberty University School of Law. After completing core competency courses in English, math, information literacy, and electives in social sciences or philosophy, students will move into their core courses within the pre-law degree. These core courses provide training and knowledge in the areas of legal ethics, American constitutional history and law, criminal law, jurisprudence, legal research and writing, and advanced logic and legal reasoning.
Our online pre-law degree seeks to prepare students for law school by focusing on key law factors. With this unique curriculum, our online pre-law degree prepares students to think like law students, introduces them to critical thinking concepts, and prepares them to sit for the LSAT.
- CJUS 410 – Constitutional Criminal Procedure
- GOVT 280 – Torts
- GOVT 345 – Jurisprudence
- GOVT 406 – Property
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Law and Policy – Pre-Law Degree
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your pre-law degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- GetEducated.com ranked Liberty’s BS in Law and Policy – Pre-Law in the Top 10 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Legal Studies
- You will have increased job opportunities after completing your bachelor’s in law and policy – pre-law online degree.
- You can acquire tools and training to prepare for the LSAT.
Liberty University Online Pre-Law Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Pre-Law Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Pre-Law Online Degree
After completing Liberty’s bachelor’s in law and policy – pre-law, students will be equipped to serve as:
- Legal assistants
- Legislative analysts
- Public administrators
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Pre-Law Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.